| 10 |

For two days Jake and I had spent every hour after school and until dinner, sitting and organizing various boxes. So today I had brought along various paint samples to figure out which color we should paint up there.

"Watch out for spiders," I warned Jake as we walked up into the attic.

"Ah! It's seriously not funny!" he complained to me as I just let out a small laugh and sat down on the middle of the now emptied floor and he hesitantly followed suit.

"Calm down, I killed them all last night," I assured him, making him let out a deep sigh of relief, "or I'm sure I got all of them."

"Soph!" he whined at me.

"I'm sorry, now come sit down," I urged and patted the floor in front of me, "we have a lot to look at."

I grinned as I pulled out my tote bag and jingled it in front of him, making him immediately widen his eyes.

"How many paint samples do you have?" he gushed at me.

"Went to a few... seven stores earlier," I shrugged, "now come on! You have to help me!"

"Okay, okay," he let out a small laugh before rushing over and sitting down in front of me.

"Noona? Can I join?" Jungwon questioned from the stairs and I immediately nodded before he dragged his feet over and sat down beside me, "Sunmi noona and Sunghoon-ie hyung are snogging, again."

"You see why I wanted to move out of that room?" I questioned him and he just nodded at me, "it's only a question of time before they begin having s-"

"Soph!" Jake shrieked and I looked over at him, "he's a child!"

"Oh dear god no, his mind was corrupted ages ago," I waved it off, "ain't that right Wonie?"

"Mhm, watched a movie with mom and dad and they forgot that there might've been an R rated scene or two in that," Jungwon simply nodded as he tried to look into my tote bag, "what did you bring?"

"Hold on... you didn't tell Jiyeon about any of that, did you?" I hesitantly questioned him, making him sit back up straight as he looked up towards the ceiling to think.

"I don't believe so," he shook his head.

"And you haven't done anything inappropriate?" I questioned once more.

"She is still my friend, isn't she?" he let out a small laugh to which I just shrugged.

"You honestly never know with you," I excused and turned back to my tote bag.

"So it was here everyone else was!" Sunghoon's cheery voice cooed as he stood at the top of the stairs with a sulky Sunmi behind him.

"If you're gonna snog, go back to the room," I called out to them.

"You heard her, Hoonie," Sunmi said, making Jungwon do a gagging motion.

"No!" Sunghoon quickly ran over and sat down on my other side, also trying to look into the tote bag, "I want to help with the room as well. After all, I am a bit of the reason she's moving up here."

"A bit?" I snorted at him, "you're literally the whole reason."

"I am?" he questioned and looked at me with a small frown.

"You really think I would want to be in the room when it escalates between the two of you?" I chuckled at him.

"Just show us already!" Jungwon whined and tugged on my tote bag.

"Okay, okay," I sighed and pulled out all my paint samples, "I just have to find out what color to paint the room."

"How about orange? A bright sharp orange?" Sunmi let out a small laugh as she crossed her arms and walked up to look at the paint samples as well.

"Wait... how about this one?" Jake questioned and grabbed a navy color, "it's almost like your softball uniform from Australia."

"Oh yeah," I smiled at the memory, "remember that time when we absolutely smothered Melbourne?"

"How could I forget? You were the best player in that game," Jake grinned widely.

"Hmm," I hummed as I looked at the color, "but won't it be too dark? I want it to be light in the room, since there's only one window."

"Then how about the pastel purple? Maddie would love you for that," Jake stated and I smiled widely at the idea as he picked one out for me, "like this one."

"Ah... she really would love it, wouldn't she?" I sighed and grabbed the paint sample.

"And then this dark green one for Eli," Jake picked up another that I grabbed.

"Elijah freaking Morrison," I muttered with a small laugh, "remember that time when he fell into the harbor?"

"We spent a whole hour trying to get him up. He was so overdramatic," Jake sighed and rubbed his forehead.

"A wonder he didn't drown," I nodded in agreement, "you know... I think I'll frame these and then... this one for you," I stated and pulled up a marine blue paint sample, "I'll write your names on them, and then frame them with our photobooth strip."

"Then you need your own color as well," Jake gasped and looked through the samples.

"No," I shook my head at him, "I don't want to have myself in it."

I carefully shoved the samples into the pocket of my jacket and continued looking through the colors.

"Well... if you don't want it to be too dark, you could always just go for white," Sunghoon pointed out and I just hummed at him, "and then decorate with colors."

"It's not the worst idea, actually," I nodded at him.

"I know... I'm a genius," he smugly smiled as I just shook my head at him.

"Of course, why didn't I realize?" I shook my head at myself with a small laugh, "then maybe... white it is."

"Good, can we go now?" Sunmi spoke up, making us all look up to her.

"You know... you were always my favorite," Jungwon whispered to me, making me let out a small laugh at him as he just stared at Sunmi with wide eyes.

"Yeah, of course you can. You live here," Sunghoon nodded at her, making her let out a small gasp before he turned back to me, "I'll gladly help paint up here."

"Ah... I actually think Jake will help me on the weekend," I stated and Jake immediately shook his head.

"Soccer tryouts are this weekend," Jake reminded.

"Not the whole weekend doofus," I reminded him.

"Might be," he pointed out, "who knows? Just let Sunghoon help you, and then I'll help decorate. I promise."

"I guess we're painting this weekend then," I turnedto Sunghoon who immediately grinned widely at me as Sunmi just rolled her eyes and crossed her arms once more before walking off.

"I don't see you at the rink anymore," he pointed out and I just shrugged.

"She quit," Jungwon spoke up and I nodded.

"I don't need a flight ticket to Australia anymore," I nodded in agreement, "the dude is sitting right there," I spoke and gestured to Jake who just proudly grinned.

"I see..." Sunghoon trailed off with a small nod.