| 7 |

Only a week was left before the next semester started, and I was now working part time at the ice rink as a maintenance staff. I had mainly gotten evening shifts, so I would mostly be checking the rink as the last one before locking the doors. I had even told Jake about my job, to assure him I could come as soon as possible.

As of now, I was back in my usual swing, to read my book. Sunmi had insisted I had come along with her and Sunghoon to the park. "Just like old days". But it was more me third wheeling on their date to be honest. Or from the looks of it, it looked more like Sunmi was on a date whilst Sunghoon seemed to be distracted by everything around him.

Scanning each word on my page I suddenly felt a push in my back, making me startle up before grabbing onto one of the chains with my right hand. To steady myself.

"Yah! Park Sunghoon! How many times have I told you not to do that?" I complained loudly before the person immediately stopped the swing again and my eyes widened as I could see Sunghoon frowning at me from the usual picnic table, "woah, woah. Wait... what?" I questioned in confusion.

"Sweet of you to give me a Korean name as well, but I already have one. Remember?" a familiar voice spoke, making me immediately get off the swing and stare at Jake for a good second before processing what was happening.

"Jake!" I loudly exclaimed before pushing the swing aside and hugging him tightly, which he replied by a hug in which he lifted me off the ground.

"Ah! It wasn't even a whole summer and I already missed you so much!" Jake complained before letting me go once more.

"What in the world are you doing here?" I questioned him with a frown.

"Well... I'm your surprise... my parents moved here," he shrugged at me.

"Are you serious?" I gasped at him as he just proudly nodded at me.

"I asked your dad, we're starting at the same school," he nudged my shoulder with a wide smile.

"Yah! Soomin-ah! Who's that?" Sunmi yelled at me, making me look over my shoulder.

"Ah... that is your sister and that boy," Jake realized in a whisper and I just nodded at him, "he's handsome, with capital H... are you insane? You have a high standard."

"Shut up," I complained and nudged his arm.

"It's Jake!" I yelled back to Sunmi.

"The Jake?" she questioned and I just nodded at her.

"I'm the Jake?" Jake let out a small laugh at me as I just nodded at him.

"What about Eli and Maddie?" I questioned him and he waved it off.

"They said they would try and come for Christmas, if they had the chance," he replied as he just waved it off.

"When did you arrive?" I frowned at him.

"About two hours ago," he checked the time on his wrist watch.

"I'll help you unpack," I said and grabbed his arm to pull him with me.

"I don't want you to help," he let out a laugh at me, "I wanted to say hello today, and then for the next few days I'll be packing it out and falling into place. Then when we start in school, I'm picking you up as per usual," he assured as he patted his skateboard, which he held in hand.

"And Layla?" I questioned him.

"Here as well," he assured and I let out a gasp.

"Can you take me to her?" I questioned him eagerly as he let out a small laugh and nodded before walking out on the small path that was in the park. He laid down his skateboard right in front of the picnic table before waving me over, making me grin widely, "like before?"

"You know it," he assured with a wide grin.

"Uhm... is it alright by you two that I go with Jake for a short moment?" I questioned Sunghoon and Sunmi.

"You just go," Sunmi waved me off, as Sunghoon was about to answer.

"Great. I'll see you at home," I grinned at Sunmi before turning to Sunghoon, "and I expect to see you as well."

"Actu-" Sunghoon was about to answer before Sunmi grabbed his hand and answered for him.

"He's staying the night as per usual," Sunmi replied with, what looked like, a bittersweet smile.

"Let's go then," I turned back to Jake, who just nodded and gestured to the board.

I happily stepped up on the board making Jake step up behind me and wrap an arm around my shoulders to steady himself, before he pushed us off to go see Layla.

"I think he likes you," Jake pointed out as the wind blew through our hair. I had missed that feeling.

"Are you insane? He's dating my sister!" I exclaimed at him.

"But when I spoke to you, he kept staring at us. Your sister didn't even let him answer at any point. Even if they're dating, he doesn't seem to like her that much," he pointed out.

"Ah, you're just trying to make me get my hopes up," I shook my head at him.

"Are you kidding me! I was nearly too scared to grab onto your shoulders before we went off. He was glaring so hard at me," he gushed to me, making me let out a small laugh at him.

"It was nothing. I'm always just a tag-along with those two. They invited me, just to let me be by myself," I excused..

"Hm... but I see you took my book recommendation," he pointed out to me and I looked down at the book in my hand.

"I stumbled upon it in the airport, back in Brisbane," I waved it off, "and I recall one of you mentioning it."