| 25 |

Either I was really stupid or I had underestimated how cold it would be in an ice rink. I had come half an hour before Sunghoon was to skate, just in case they pushed the program a bit. I had a small banner in hand that I had promised to make, no matter how incredibly embarrassing I thought it was at the age of 18 and not the age of 10.

"You're gonna turn into a popsicle," a voice laughed from my side as I sat down on the bleachers. I looked over and saw Sunghoon grinning widely.

"Give me a break, it's been years since I was in a proper ice rink, that wasn't located in the middle of a mall," I defended as he just shook his head at me.

"You actually made a banner," he commented in disbelief and looked at the folded banner in my hands.

"Mhm," I nodded at him and folded it out for him, "happy?"

"Hold on... I recognize that one," he frowned at it and I nodded.

"I saved every banner I ever made," I smiled softly at the cardboard paper in my hand, "and then on the back of them I wrote how you placed," I grinned and turned it over, showing my 10-year-old self's handwriting, "this is the one I had with me the first time you won first place."

"I remember this one," he said in awe and pulled it over in his own hands, "it was the first time I saw your banners. Everytime you would come to a competition after this I always looked after them. I placed the worst in the competitions when you weren't there with a banner."

"I didn't know," I muttered, "I should've come to more then."

"You attended nearly all of them," he shook his head at me and handed the banner back, "I remember winning first place in that competition, and giving you the honor in my head. When I saw your banner it made me so happy that I couldn't help but try and do the best for you."

"Awe, so it was all for me?" I teased and nudged him with my elbow and he just nodded at me.

"You don't have to hold it up," he assured me with a small smile, "but do wear this... I can't have you turning into a popsicle just to watch me."

I looked down at the sweater he was extending towards me. The same one I had made him try on a few weeks ago. I smiled softly before accepting the sweater and pulling it on. If it was supposed to be a bit oversized on him... you could imagine how it would look on me, a half head shorter than him.

"Cute," he let out a small chuckle before quickly looking over at the time, "I have to go now. Promise to stay and watch."

"I couldn't dream of leaving," I shook my head and he grinned before running off.

I excitedly sat and waited before Sunghoon stepped out on the ice to warm up before he was announced to the ice. Once he skated in to present himself at the announcement of him I immediately held up the banner and I swear I saw a small smile appear on his face before he got into his start position. I quickly folded the banner down once again to just sit and watch him.

It always amazes me how he moves so effortlessly across the ice. It probably wasn't effortless, but it looked to be. It just looked so easy and elegant whenever he moved like that over the ice. No wonder he was always so delicate and careful in the things he did. I didn't notice before he ended his programme, but I was sitting and smiling widely at how good he was.

"Are you his girlfriend?" an elderly woman leaned over to me as Sunghoon skated off the ice and I looked over at her, "I saw how much in awe you looked to be when he skated."

"Ah... not yet," I shook my head at her as my cheeks tinted a soft red, "but hopefully soon."

"I think you would be a good pair. I have a hunch about it," she smiled at me and I just let out a small laugh and nodded in agreement, "you'll do him good, such a warm smile must be able to melt him."

"Thank you very much," I bowed my head at her and watched as Sunghoon got his points.

He was the second to last skater to go on the ice, so if he didn't place first now he would not place first at all. My smile had faltered a bit when he were announced to be second place, but it grew a bit once the last skater ranked fifth, which meant Sunghoon ranked second out of everyone during that day.

As the competition finished I walked outside with everyone and patiently stepped to the side to wait for Sunghoon to get out.

"Soomin-ah!" he happily exclaimed before rushing up to me with his duffle bag over his shoulders.

"Congrats," I smiled at him as he just hummed and extended a penguin plushie towards me.

"I got loads of these already," he excused, "and I think it would be good in your new room."

"Thanks," I let out a small laugh at the small plushie as I grabbed it.

"What did you think of today?" he questioned with an eager expression.

"You never cease to impress me," I shook my head at him, "I don't understand how I still can get surprised," I excused and his cheeks tinted a faint color of red, "did I just make you flustered?"

"Shut up," he waved it off and quickly turned his back to me.

"Yah! Sunghoon-ah!" I cooed and tried to turn him around, to which he just persisted in having his back turned to me, "let me see your face!"

"No! It's burning hot!" he complained, making me let out a laugh at him.

"Why?" I cried out to him with a laugh.

"You do this to me! It's not my own decision," he whined, making me let out a small giggle, "you don't have any idea what power you have over me."

"Hoon-ah," I cooed out in a soft manner making him hum, "turn around."

"Why?" he questioned and a mischievous smile grew on my face.

"I have a surprise for you," I excused making him sigh before hesitantly turning back to face me.

I grinned widely before quickly stepping up and pecking his lips, leaving him dumbfounded for a second before grabbing my wrist and pulling me into his embrace, where he leaned down and placed his lips back on mine for a longer amount of time. Carefully assisting my head with a hand on my nape.

"That first kiss was too short," he excused with a cheeky grin, making me flush in a matter of seconds, "now it's you that is flustered!"

"Of course I am! It was supposed to just be a small peck," I complained to him as he just grinned before reaching out and grabbing my hand.

"So... are you willing to... you know?" he stated and I looked up at him.

"Know what?" I cheekily questioned making him sigh.

"Just be my girlfriend already," he sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"Of course," I nodded and he looked down at me with widened eyes, "if you can catch me," I grinned before setting off in a sprint.

"Yah! Yang Soomin!"

Lets just say that at the end of the day I did end up being his girlfriend, and a very happy one that is.