| 21 |

"You know... you've been a bit beside yourself lately," Jake pointed out as I packed my books down in silence.

"I have?" I questioned him and he just hummed at me.

"I don't know if I should be worried," he said, making me softly smile at him.

"I'm good," I assured him.

"No you're not," he simply stated, "so you know what we're gonna do?"

"I'll probably be forced to speak," I let out a small laugh at him.

"We're going to my house, for a change. We're gonna lay on the roof, as we used to, and you're gonna tell me whatever it is that is bothering you," he insisted.

"I'll have to tell mom then," I reminded with a small smile as he just nodded.

"I can just bring it on," Sunghoon spoke up from his table behind Jake and I.

"Right, you're going to Sunmi," I stated, "just bring it on then," I quickly turned back to Jake, "can we hurry?"

"Let's just go," Jake grinned as he grabbed my hand and pulled me along with him.

He didn't live as far away from the school as I did. It was the usual way I walked to school, beforehand. So it was quite sweet of him that he still wanted to go to my house to pick me up for school, even if that meant he had to go in the opposite direction of the school.

As we crawled up on the roof of Jake's house he immediately grinned and pulled a small box out from his bag that he had brought with him.

"What's that?" I frowned at him.

"Homemade Lamingtons," he happily opened the box, "I initially wanted to give them to you once you were finished with your room. But it seems now is the best time to give them to you."

"You remembered?" I smiled and grabbed one of the small chocolate and coconut covered cakes.

"How could I not?" he let out a small laugh, "I ended up having to pay you with them for you to teach me Korean."

"Ah... that's right," I nodded in agreement and took a bite of the cake before looking down over the street below us.

"So... what's been bothering you?" he questioned me, making me sigh.

"I don't even know how to explain it," I shook my head and ran a hand through my hair.

"Come on... try," he urged and nudged my arm with a small smile, "I'll believe you."

"I know you will," I let out a small laugh, "it's just that if I were to implicate someone, you would know who it was."

"Pretend that I don't know," he stated with a grin, making me sigh before nodding.

"So... There's this boy that I like... and he is in a relationship with this... controlling girl. Lets say that last weekend we spent some time together and he admitted he'd rather be with me than her, and that he don't even like her. I somehow manage to get him to break up with this girl, and she is not happy about it. She hits him in the chest and I rush to stop her, ending in her hitting me in the head. So the next day when I speak with this girl, she says they've gotten back together and now the boy insists we can still be together behind her back," I explained making Jake stay silent as he sat and stared down at the street.

"It's ice boy and your sister, am I right?" he spoke up, without even turning his head.

"You said you would pretend you didn't know," I pointed out to him.

"Not with this Soph," he shook his head at me, "he's playing with your feelings. Giving you hope and then crushing it right after. I just... I can't let him do that," he shook his head before running a hand through his hair, "I'll talk with him."

"You're not gonna do that," I shook my head at him, "don't contact him, he already has a strained relationship with you."

"Okay... but if I coincidentally bump into him one day, I'll speak with him," he warned and I just nodded at him.

"I can't stop you, can I?" I questioned him and he just shook his head at me, "just promise me to do it in a nice way and not to drag me into it."

"I know," Jake nodded in an assuring way before reaching over and draping his arm over my shoulders to pull me into his side, "I just can't let anyone go around and treat you like that, I will not stand for it. Not on my watch."

"Not on your watch," I let out a small laugh at him.

"And... I'm helping you move your things on Saturday," he stated, "no denying it. I want to help and be there for the official opening of Sophie Yang's new room."

"The one and only," I muttered, making him let out a happy laugh.

It's funny how another person's laugh and happiness can brighten up your day by just a little.