| 9 |

"Come on, Soomin-ah!" Sunmi yelled out from the front door, "we're gonna be late for school if you don't speed up."

"Just go!" I yelled back while I ran out and quickly slipped on my sneakers as I held my bag in my hand as I ran past her out the door, and straight past Sunghoon who stood halfway up the path to our house.

I looked down the street and immediately grinned at the sight of the skateboarding boy, who stopped himself right in front of me.

"Morning Soph," Jake cooed as he stopped the board, by sliding his foot over the pavement in an effortless manner, "ready for the first day?"

"Of course," I grinned at him and he stepped backwards off his board.

"Step up," he offered and I grinned before stepping up on the board, before he wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"Take me to school captain!" I loudly exclaimed as I pointed straight ahead, making Jake let out a small laugh at me.

"As you wish," he hummed before pushing us along the street.

"See you at school!" I yelled back at Sunmi and Sunghoon who just stared after us. Sunmi looked utmost unbothered as she immediately turned to Sunghoon and said something, he seemingly didn't register.

I grinned widely before combing my hair down with my hand and draped it over my shoulder before looking straight ahead as Jake navigated us through the streets. We soon enough stopped outside of the school and we both stepped off and Jake took his board into his hand before draping his arm over my shoulders.

"Now remember when you introduce yourself to your class, you're one year older than back in Australia, you have to remember to bow to the teacher and the class, you decide yourself if you would want to address yourself as Jake or Jaeyun," I reminded him as he just let out a small laugh at me.

"I know, I've seen you introduce yourself multiple times, and the times you messed up," he let out a small laugh at me.

"And I don't know if we're in the same year either," I pointed out to him, making him frown at me, "Sunmi and I were born fairly early in the year, and you were born very late in the year. So I actually don't know if they move Sunmi and I up in your year, or we're in the year below," I explained to him and he hesitantly nodded at me.

"January 14, right?" he questioned me and I just nodded at him, "one last question before we go in," Jake pointed out and I stopped to look at him, "why is everyone staring at us so weirdly."

"Ah... your arm," I pointed out to him and he immediately removed his arm from my shoulders, "usually there isn't much physical contact between a boy or a girl here, unless they're a couple. Even then, it's mostly just holding hands, so people probably think we're a couple."

"Ah, sorry," he quickly excused and I just waved it off.

"Eh, I've been used to it, and I honestly don't care what they think," I assured him before tugging on his sleeve and pulling him with me inside the school, "which classroom?"

"Uh... A32," he frowned at the time schedule in his hand.

"Me too," I gasped at him and pulled him along with me, as I already knew the school from when dad taught the soccer team here.

I rushed us both to the classroom, where we sat down at a table together and patiently waited for other students and the teacher. Meanwhile Jake and I just chatted together.

"What is our first class even?" Jake frowned at me in realization, looking around for an answer.

"You had a time schedule earlier, check that," I urged as I nudged his arm.

"It's math," a voice spoke from behind us and we both turned and stared at Sunghoon.

"You're in this class as well?" I frowned at him as he just nodded at me.

"Surprise," he muttered in return.

"Huh... would you look at that," I muttered before turning back around to Jake, "this time you really can't chat with me in class, unless you're helping me."

"Soph... I'm always helping you in math," Jake reminded me, "you're terrible at math."

"That is not true," I gasped at him as he just grinned at me, "okay... maybe slightly."

"Morning class," the teacher marched into the room and began taking attendance before coming to a halt.

"I see two new students, where are you?" the teacher looked around, making Jake and I both raise our hands, "introduce yourself."

"You," Jake nudged my arm making me stand up and bow to the teacher before looking out over the class.

"Hello, I'm So- Yang Sieun, I'm 18 and I just transferred here from a high school in Brisbane, Australia," I introduced and bowed to the class, before sitting down and making Jake stand up. He started with bowing to the teacher as well, before doing the same as me.

"Hello, I'm Jake Sim, I'm 18, and I just moved here from Brisbane, Australia," Jake bowed before sitting down once more before grinning widely at me and looking up at the teacher.

"Trainer Yang's daughter," the teacher pointed to me with her pen and I just nodded at her, "ah, you must've moved with him when he went to train at a school in Brisbane."

"I did," I nodded in confirmation, making her softly smile.

"I heard you might try out for some of our sport teams," she said, making me widen my eyes at her, "yeah, yeah, your dad said you were on two teams back in Brisbane."

"Ah... I don't even know which teams there are here," I shook my head in refusal.

"I'll get you a list," she assured and I just nodded at her, making Jake nudge my arm.

"Do you know if there is a soccer team?" I politely asked her and she stopped taking attendance as she looked up at me.

"We only have a soccer team for boys," the woman replied and I just nodded as Jake grinned excitedly. I guess I know who will try out for that team.

Throughout the whole math class Jake helped me understand what I had to do and all those things I was simply too stupid to understand. Even the whole school day we switched between helping each other.

"You're taking me home, right?" I questioned Jake as I packed my things down.

"I thought you were going with Sunmi and I," Sunghoon spoke up, making me look over at him.

"No, now that Jake is here I won't bother the two of you anymore," I shook my head before looking back at Jake, "speaking off... you have to help me."

"With what?" Jake questioned in confusion.

"Mom and dad gave me permission to renovate the attic so that I can use it as a room," I grinned at Jake who just gasped at me.

"I'd love to!" he grinned widely and I just nodded at him.

"I have to tidy up and organize in the boxes we have up there first, but then I get to paint and move all my things up there... but, there's a possibility that I'll finally get my window seat," I grinned and he let out another small gasp.

"What are we standing here for then?" he questioned me, "lets go and begin organizing your baby pictures!"

"It's not my baby pictures," I replied with a small laugh, "it's just all sorts of Christmas ornaments and old teddy bears."

"Slightly disappointed but not surprised," Jake pointed out before grabbing my wrist, "so... let's go!"