| 16 |

As the last class finished I jumped up from my seat and packed my things down in my bag in a matter of seconds.

"You really want to go get snacks, huh?" Jake questioned.

"I'm in a hurry," I excused and he frowned at me.

"Why?" he questioned and closed his bag.

I quickly pulled him with me out on the hallway before running a hand through my hair.

"I have to go to the hairdresser first," I told him, making his eyes widen at me and nearly bulge out.

"Why? What's wrong with your hair?" he questioned and grabbed a small piece of my hair.

"I've been wanting to cut it short for a while actually... and last night Sunmi came with some remarks, so now I decided it was time," I declared with a small smile.

"Alright. Let's get going then!" Jake nodded and let a wide grin spread on his face.

"Oh... I thought you could just go train whilst I-" I started as he began running down the hallway with my wrist in hand.

"Nonsense! I want to see your transformation," he waved it off to me, "I gotta support my girl you know!"

I let out a laugh at him and let him drag me all the way to the hairstylist and happily sit and watch me as I got my hair cut. Overall, he was the most excited about my new hair once we were done.

"I love it!" Jake declared as we stepped out onto the street, "I love how it just flows above your shoulders, and it looks so healthy and fluffy and I just want to keep touching it!"

"Come on, we need to go get snacks!" I laughed as I tried to direct the attention away from me.

"But I crave Tim Tams, and they don't have that here," he complained to me as I dragged him to the nearest convenience store.

"We'll find something similar then," I assured him, making him let out a small over exaggerated whine as we began walking around to look for snacks.

I had immediately grabbed a small pack of dried sweet potatoes as I walked to get something to drink for myself. I hummed before looking over all the various drinks that stood in the cooler.

"Soph... I found this," Jake spoke and walked up to me with a package in hand.

"Binch?" I questioned and he hummed with a small nod.

"Are they good?" he questioned and I just nodded at him.

"If you want to make sure you like what you get, I advise you to get that," I nodded at him before turning back to the cooler, "chocolate or strawberry?"

"Depends," he replied and looked at the cooler, "but chocolate, always chocolate."

"But strawberry is good too," I muttered as I cocked my head to the side, "I'll get both," I stated and grabbed both a chocolate and a strawberry milk for myself, "anything else you want to get?"

"I'll try this," Jake stated and grabbed a can of Milkis, "what is it?"

"You'll see," I waved it off.

We quickly paid for our snacks and shoved them in our bags before stepping up on his skateboard and he pushed us off.

"Your hair doesn't blow in my face anymore," Jake happily pointed out and I let out a small laugh before jumping off once we reached my house.

"Mom is gonna kill me," I realized as I grabbed my hair and widened my eyes.

"Nonsense, you look pretty," Jake waved it off and grabbed his board in his hand.

"No, no, no. You don't get it," I shook my head, "she'll hate this."

"Well... there's only one way to know... face your fears!" Jake stated and pushed me towards the front door, "I'll be leaving you here, I promised my mom to help with dinner tonight."

With that he pushed me through the door and closed it behind me before running off for himself.

"Is that you Soomin?" mom questioned me from the living room, immediately making me pull my blazer off and place it over my head.

"Yeah..." I called out before rushing towards the stairs and running off.

"Noona? What are you doing?" Jungwon spoke from behind me and I hesitantly turned around and looked at him.

"It was... raining," I replied and he cocked his head to the side with a small frown on his face.

"It's sunny outside," he pointed out as Jiyeon poked her head out from behind him and grinned widely at me.

"She got a haircut," Jiyeon whispered, making Jungwon let out a small gasp.

"Is it short?" he hissed at me and I carefully removed my blazer, "wah... I like it."

"Mhm... you look much prettier," Jiyeon nodded in agreement

"But not prettier than Ji," Jungwon bluntly blurted. Said girl got a bright red before grabbing her cheeks and disappearing once again.

"Take care of the poor girl's heart," I pointed out to him and he just let out a small laugh before turning back into his room again as I rushed to Sunmi and I's room, to get a few things before going up to the attic.

"What in the world have you done?" Sunmi gasped at me as I rushed in to grab a few boxes I had packed down the day before.

"None of your business," I simply replied before running off with the boxes in hand and up towards the attic.

I carefully placed the boxes beside the stairs and straightened up my back, letting it crack a few times. As I looked around the empty room my eyes immediately fell on the thing that stood out. Sunghoon, who was sitting on my bed with his back turned to me.

"Does Sunmi know?" I spoke up and he just shook his head, not even turning around.

"I was waiting for you," he excused, making me hesitantly walk over to the foot of my bed and take a look at his profile. He looked... down?

"Hey... are you alright?" I questioned and placed my bag down on the ground beside my bed.

"Remember what I told you about Sunmi? My suspicion about her seeing others behind my back," he started, making me let out a small gasp.

"She didn't..." I trailed off in shock and he just nodded, "but- but... what?"

"She doesn't know I know," he sighed and looked down at the floor and ran a hand through his hair as he flicked back his head, "I saw her and a boy from her class... right before I was supposed to go train. They were walking down the empty hallways... and then they kissed."

"Oh Sunghoon, I'm so sorry," I rushed to his side and wrapped an arm around his shoulders, "if I had known I... I-"

"No, no," he softly spoke as he shook his head, "you have nothing to do with this. I don't even know why I'm this upset about it... I don't even think I like her that much, probably never have."

"Then why... Why did you start dating her?" I frowned at him, making him smile softly before looking down at me before his eyes widened.

"What happened to your hair?" he questioned in shock and reached out to touch it.

"Sunmi's words made me finally take the chance and cut my hair," I shrugged at him.

"I like it... it's pretty," he smiled at me.

"Well... if you're down... then how about we go out tomorrow? Do something fun together... it's been a while, hasn't it?" I questioned him and a smile grew on his face.

"I'd love that," he nodded at me.

"Right... tomorrow at lunch... I'll come to YOUR house, and that's also where you'll be sleeping," I pointed out and he just let out a small laugh as he nodded at me, "promise me that."

"I promise," he assured before looking straight ahead once again, "I'm glad you finally came home."

"Hmm... yeah, I guess," I hummed as I looked straight ahead once more, "do you want a strawberry milk?"