Chapter 2: Advantages of Starting as an Orphan

[Acquired Reward — Sensory Ninja Art]

[First completion of teaching, acquired reward — Identification Jutsu]

[First completion of A-rated teaching, acquired reward — Mastery of Fire Release Chakra Nature Transformation]

Receiving three rewards at once surprised Mutsuki. He felt a sudden influx of memories, with the most prominent being the memories of practicing Fire Release Chakra Nature Transformation.

Those memories were incredibly vivid, giving Mutsuki the illusion that he had been a lifelong specialist in Fire Release.

"Yumi sensei, may I ask you a question?" Shisui asked respectfully.

Upon hearing Shisui's words, Mutsuki, who was about to reevaluate the panel ratings, paused and led Shisui to the back of the deserted teaching building. Using Sensory Ninjutsu to sense, he found no particularly powerful Chakra presence.

Mutsuki relaxed and smiled, saying, "Did you not understand something during the class? Go ahead and tell me."

Shisui shook his head and said, "It's not about the lecture content; it's a question I have."

"Sensei, as you know, the Senju Clan and Uchiha Clan together founded Konoha. But why is it that now everyone only remembers the Senju Clan's contributions, and Uchiha's achievements are rarely mentioned?"

Even though he was a child, Shisui was unusually mature and sensitive. When he went out with his elders, he could sense the peculiar looks from pedestrians on the street when they saw the clan emblems on their backs.

"Why is it that even though both were village founders, Uchiha's contributions are not only overlooked but it seems like the villagers dislike them? Shisui doesn't quite understand."

Looking at Shisui's puzzled expression, Mutsuki inwardly commented, "Senju Hashirama's reputation in Konoha, Uchiha Madara's reputation in Konoha, can they be compared?"

"Have you only read some internal clan history?" Mutsuki asked.

Shisui nodded; the history he could access was limited to what the Uchiha provided.

"The reason it has become like this involves many events, and it's difficult to explain in a short time," Mutsuki said, showing a hint of hesitation on his face.

Seeing Mutsuki's difficulty, Shisui felt guilty. It seemed that this question was more complex than he had imagined. Originally, he thought of dropping the matter, but unexpectedly, Mutsuki spoke again.

"Never mind. If you have time after school, come find me. I'll tell you about the history behind all of this," Mutsuki sighed.

"After all, I should consider myself indebted to your Uchiha Clan. Consider it repaying a favor."

Shisui was puzzled. How could Mutsuki owe their Uchiha Clan a favor? So he directly asked.

"My parents were surrounded by enemies in a war once, and they were saved by a Ninja named Uchiha Kagami. Although they eventually died in a later war, I've always remembered that life-saving favor," Mutsuki expressed his gratitude with a sincere tone.

At this moment, he was grateful that the original self had become an orphan long ago, or else there would have been much less room for maneuvering.

Admittedly, sometimes the dead are more useful than the living.

Shisui's eyes widened, an expression of incredulity appearing on his face. Uchiha Kagami was his grandfather. He hadn't expected to have such a connection with Mutsuki, and a strange feeling arose within him.

However, Shisui wasn't the type to use favors for personal gain, so he didn't make a fuss; instead, he simply thanked Mutsuki.

Before Shisui left, Mutsuki performed an appraisal on him.

[Name: Uchiha Shisui]

[Chakra: 500]