Chapter 40: Seven Attribute Ninja

When the right hand is completely opened, only a little black-gray is seen on the hand, and there are no green leaves as before. After the wind blows away the black-gray, there is nothing left.

Obito smiled triumphantly and said, "Kakashi, it seems you guessed wrong."

Kakashi squinted his eyes, grabbed Obito's left hand and opened it. As he expected, it was empty. After a moment of thought, he clarified the cause and effect.

"Fire attribute Chakra Nature Transformation." Kakashi looked at Obito with some surprise. He didn't expect that Obito not only had a basic grasp of Nature Transformation but also set a trap for him with his intellect.

The former, although somewhat bizarre, is not impossible, but the latter truly surprised Kakashi.

"Hahaha, Kakashi, you didn't see that coming." Obito's smile became increasingly arrogant.

"It is indeed a bit unexpected; it seems I've been slackening off lately." Kakashi's face returned to calm.

Although he felt that Obito had grown a lot, Kakashi, looking at Obito's arrogant expression, was in no mood to praise.

"Damn it, Kakashi, what do you mean by that?" Obito was a bit displeased.

Losing to him means slacking off, implying that he's weak.

Kakashi casually remarked, "Just the literal meaning."

"You..." Obito originally wanted to argue with Kakashi again, but then thought that since he had already achieved his goal, it was better to quickly return to training.

This time, he won against Kakashi, but during the match, there was no opportunity for such clever tactics; it was a test of pure strength.

"Let it go. I'm in a good mood today, not going to argue with you. Remember to sign up for the competition. You won't deny your defeat, right?" Obito said.

"I'll honor the bet." Kakashi gave his answer.

Originally, he thought this competition was not very meaningful, but seeing Obito's significant growth, Kakashi felt he could afford to have a bit of expectation.

With their goal achieved, Rin and Obito soon bid farewell to Kakashi and left.

"Obito, how did you do that just now? It felt so impressive."

On their way back, receiving praise from Rin, Obito instantly swelled with pride, laughing, "Hahaha, it's just Chakra Nature Transformation, nothing too impressive..."

Due to his overconfidence, Obito wasn't paying attention to the road and ended up colliding with a utility pole beside Kakashi's house.

"Damn Kakashi!" Obito thought it was Kakashi's house's utility pole's positioning that caused the problem.

Kakashi, who was watching them leave: "..."

He retracted that tiny bit of expectation in his heart. Hasn't he completely stayed the same, still that silly appearance from before?

...

In Ninjutsu class, after Mutsuki finished the lecture and demonstration, he let the students practice on their own. If they had any questions, they could approach him directly.

Mutsuki deeply understood the gap between theory and practice.

Most of the time, the mind would think it understood after seeing it, but then the body would reveal that understanding was quite lonely.

"I'm used to splitting into clones that look like me, so creating other forms feels uncomfortable," Hagane Kotetsu scratched his head and said.

"How about asking Yumi-sensei if there are any special techniques?" Kamizuki Izumo suggested.