Chapter 103: Student Progress

"Then study hard. Breathing techniques are difficult to learn, and the learning process is not easy," Mutsuki said with a serious expression.

Although Flame Breathing is slightly easier to learn than Stone Breathing, that is relative, and the actual difficulty is still high.

The significance of breathing techniques surpasses any Ninjutsu or Taijutsu he has taught before.

After demonstrating the power of Fire Release under Flame Breathing, Mutsuki officially began teaching the two the practice of Flame Breathing.

"Stand straight, stabilize your upper body and lower body, breathe with your abdomen, let oxygen enter your body and flow into the Chakra channels and meridians."

The difference between Flame Breathing and Stone Breathing is simple. Stone Breathing mainly strengthens the overall body strength, with everything else being secondary. In contrast, Flame Breathing focuses on interacting with Chakra to enhance the power of Fire Release.

"Huff, huff, huff!" Obito opened his mouth wide, inhaling air deeply.

Bang!

Mutsuki tapped Obito's head with two fingers, then gently chopped at Obito's abdomen with a knife hand, saying, "Pay attention to using your abdomen, not just randomly inhaling with a wide-open mouth. Focus on rhythm and technique."

"Huh?" Obito was a bit confused. He hadn't expected breathing to be so challenging.

Even Shisui, who could quickly master Ninjutsu, was struggling with breathing techniques, unable to find the right approach.

However, all of this was within Mutsuki's expectations; talent also had its limits.

During the training session, Mutsuki moved between them, spending an hour teaching one before moving to the next in a continuous cycle.

After the morning passed, the proficiency of the three disciples in breathing techniques remained at zero, making Mutsuki deeply aware of the difficulty of these techniques.

At noon, Mutsuki returned to his home in the main area of Konoha, collected the data from the students' proficiency tests, and, when it was time for tutoring, took them with him.

Possibly because Mutsuki mentioned sending the data or perhaps Sarutobi Hiruzen wasn't busy lately, Mutsuki once again met with Sarutobi Hiruzen.

"Third-sama." Mutsuki greeted Sarutobi Hiruzen and handed over the neatly prepared documents.

"These are the proficiency test results of the students," Mutsuki explained.

"Hmm, thank you for your trouble, Mutsuki," Sarutobi Hiruzen said with a smile as he took the documents and began reviewing them.

The data had been organized by Mutsuki, with the top showing the results of the initial group tests conducted at the beginning of the special training. Following that were the weekly proficiency test results.

The results sheet also included annotations indicating the grading standards, such as C and B groups being the grading standards for fourth-grade students, while the A group had the standards for graduating Ninjas.

After a quick glance, Third could see that, based on the data, there had been significant progress among all the students during the three weeks of special training.

If Mutsuki hadn't falsified the data, then this special training was undoubtedly quite successful, proving Mutsuki's teaching abilities.

"This time, it's not as simple as one class. The special training includes all fourth-grade students, outstanding students from grades one to three, and a small number of graduated Genin. The total number of students exceeds three hundred."

"Mutsuki, you've done well. Thank you for your hard work," praised Sarutobi Hiruzen.

"The students have all put in effort in their training; it's not just my merit," Mutsuki humbly replied.

Sarutobi Hiruzen nodded in satisfaction and then said with a smile, "I'll come to see the final test of your special training. I hope it won't be too much of a disturbance."

"No trouble at all. If Third-sama is coming, the students will surely be excited," Mutsuki said with a smile.

That was a truthful statement. Although Sarutobi Hiruzen had a poor reputation in Mutsuki's previous life, he was quite popular in Konoha, having served as Hokage for several decades.

After reporting to his highest-ranking superior, Mutsuki took Asuma for training.

"Ah, Yumi-sensei, you really shouldn't have let the old man come," Asuma sighed during a mid-training break.

After Sarutobi Hiruzen left, even if Asuma had outstanding achievements, it wouldn't matter much because he was Third's son, and excellence was expected of him.

"Asuma, have you forgotten what I told you before?"

"Don't worry about others' opinions. You're not living for others but for yourself," Mutsuki began counseling.

After a variety of motivational words, Asuma regained his composure and started practicing more seriously.

...

On Monday, Mutsuki shared the news with the students of the summer special training that Third Hokage would be visiting for their final exam.

The students erupted with excitement; after all, this was the Third Hokage.

If you randomly asked ten Academy students about their dreams, eight out of ten would aspire to become Hokage. Having the opportunity to interact with the current Hokage was indeed thrilling.

"Even Third-sama is coming. Izumo, this is a great opportunity for us to make a name for ourselves in Konoha," exclaimed Hagane Kotetsu with excitement.

"Indeed, if we can make Third-sama remember our names, our future prospects will be promising!" Kamizuki Izumo nodded in agreement, equally excited.

"You guys should calm down. One of you is on a joyride, and the other is on a pleasure cruise. Even if Hokage-sama comes, he won't notice you," Anko sarcastically remarked, feeling the situation was quite unrealistic, even for her.

"Third-sama, being the Hokage he is, would surely see through the fact that Izumo and I are unpolished gems. Someone like you, who only relies on brute force, will never understand," retorted the joyrider, Hagane Kotetsu.

Kamizuki Izumo nodded in agreement.

"Well, I'll show you two unpolished gems the power of brute force!" Anko directly launched a heavy punch, causing the two to flee in panic.

Upon hearing this news, Kurenai became even more diligent in her training, aiming to enhance her strength as much as possible. She didn't want a repeat of the last time when she was effortlessly defeated by the students.

Obito, upon learning of the news, began envisioning his future even more eagerly.

"If Third-sama sees my outstanding performance, he might recognize my potential to become Hokage, haha..." Obito laughed, ignoring the glances from those around him.

"Oh no, if Hagane Kotetsu and Kamizuki Izumo start blabbering again, it'll be disastrous," Ebisu thought he should warn his two disciples before the exam. If such rumors reached the ears of the Hokage, Ebisu's Ninja career might end before it even began.

"Everyone, quiet down and continue your training. Let Third-sama witness your progress," Mutsuki said with a gentle smile, watching as the students' spirits were lifted. He nodded approvingly, knowing that although the summer special training lasted only five weeks, the actual training time was substantial, with over forty hours of practice per week. Based on his experience with one class per year, Mutsuki felt he could trigger an improvement reward.

Mutsuki's only concern was falling just short of triggering it, so he made sure everyone was diligently practicing to the best of their abilities.

---

Double Release Today Enjoy!

Don't forget to check out my patreon where you can read up to 50 advanced chapters https://www.patreon.com/CrazyNinja