Chapter 33: A Resolute Asuma

"Yumi-sensei, when will we start practicing Nature Transformation? Lately, every night I've been studying the manual you gave me and really want to try it out," Obito asked as he walked along the small river.

Climbing trees and walking on water is just too boring.

Moreover, Mutsuki's Nature Transformation manual truly inspired him, and he instantly felt ready to unleash his Fire Release.

"Find walking on water boring? Have you almost mastered it?" Mutsuki asked with a slight smile.

"Yeah, yeah," Obito nodded quickly. He could already run on water.

"Well then, let me test your skill level and, in the process, make walking on water a bit more interesting for you." Mutsuki swiftly formed hand seals, and Chakra surged.

"Water Release: Water Dragon Bullet Jutsu!"

A massive water dragon quickly formed, then tumbled in the small river, instantly turning the calm surface into turbulent waves, occasionally creating large splashes.

"Uh-oh..." Obito accidentally plunged into the water and took a mouthful.

Mutsuki instantly pulled Obito out, smiling, "See, you haven't mastered it yet."

"Yumi-sensei, how can I handle it when you suddenly pull such a stunt?" Obito complained.

There were classmates on the scene and even a younger member of the family; he still had to save face.

"Then try it again," Mutsuki laughed.

Walking on water tests a ninja's control of continuous Chakra output. With distractions like the Water Dragon Bullet and the need to dodge waves, maintaining stable and continuous output under such circumstances indicates excellent Chakra control ability.

Obito talked tough, but his strength didn't match. He fell into the water again after only a few minutes.

"The shoes I'm wearing today don't fit well, affecting my performance," Obito explained, spitting out the river water in his mouth. Then, he placed his shoes on the shore and walked barefoot on the water's surface.

Mutsuki smiled faintly without saying a word.

After a while, Obito fell into the water again.

"Oh no, maybe staying up late reading yesterday affected my energy today. No wonder I made so many mistakes."

Obito stretched his limbs, twisted his neck, rolled up his sleeves, and with a serious expression, said, "I have to be serious from now on."

Splash!

The sound of falling into the water echoed once again.

After quickly pulling Obito out, Mutsuki saw that Obito's eyes were lifeless and expressionless, and hedidn't say anything more.

"Obito, it's okay. I know you just want to learn how to swim," Shisui comforted.

Obito covered his face with both hands, saying, "Shisui, go on with your business. I'll be fine on my own."

"Are you feeling bad about your performance?" Mutsuki squatted beside Obito, not looking at him but gazing into the distance.

As the saying goes, there is no harm without comparison.

While Obito hadn't even begun mastering chakra control training, Shisui had already finished.

Moreover, Shisui progressed rapidly, skipping tree climbing right from the start, and handling water walking effortlessly. Even with Mutsuki's interference, Shisui could persist on the water for a long time.