Chapter 3: Mutsuki-sensei is a Good Person

After returning home, Mutsuki went to the bathroom and stuck out his tongue in front of the mirror.

As Mutsuki expected, there was a black curse mark on his tongue. This was the Cursed Tongue Eradication Seal that every Root member must have.

If Mutsuki remembered correctly, the effect of this curse mark was that whenever one spoke about specific matters, their entire body would become paralyzed and unable to move.

Danzo set the curse mark to be related to him and information about Root. This way, even if an organization member was captured or betrayed, they couldn't leak sensitive information.

If it were only that, it would be fine. Mutsuki had no intention of revealing Root's information to anyone. However, he worried that Danzo could actively control this curse mark, turning it into a lethal vulnerability.

Mutsuki carefully pondered, attempting to find a way to break the Cursed Tongue Eradication Seal from the original work.

"Seems like there's no other way besides Danzo's death."

However, after careful consideration, Mutsuki realized that in the original work, no one managed to break this curse mark. Those ordered to leave Root by Lord Third might have the mark removed upon his orders. The only other option would be Danzo's death, causing the curse mark to deactivate automatically.

Yet, Danzo wasn't as fragile as an ADC in a MOBA game. Even if you didn't bother with him during a team fight, he might still end up dying.

Danzo, the sly old man, valued his life greatly. He usually stayed within the confines of the Root base, and there was even a chance he carried a respawn coin in Izanagi—making him tricky to deal with.

Considering his current strength, Mutsuki temporarily abandoned the idea of killing Danzo.
"I'll have to either seek out Orochimaru or research seals on my own." Mutsuki realized that at this moment, he only had two choices.

In reality, it could be considered just one choice, as the Orochimaru route was currently unavailable.
Glancing at the time, Mutsuki felt it was about right and activated Sensory Ninjutsu, sensing the approaching Shisui.

Leaving the house and entering the courtyard, Mutsuki thought that Danzo surprisingly trusted the original owner. He had used Sensory Ninjutsu many times but hadn't sensed any Root ninja monitoring him.

Feeling that Shisui should be entering soon, Mutsuki swiftly formed hand seals, channeling all his chakra and instantly creating a massive fireball, eight meters high. It turned the training wooden figures in the courtyard into ashes and transformed large sections of the ground into scorched earth.

Just as Shisui entered the courtyard, he witnessed this awe-inspiring scene, shocked by Mutsuki's proficiency in Fire Release. Although the Great Fireball was only a C-rank Fire Release Ninjutsu, the rank was determined by the difficulty of mastering the ninjutsu. Many Uchiha Jonin favored using the Great Fireball. However, Shisui was certain that even the Jonin in his own clan couldn't match this power, as they couldn't convert a large amount of chakra into flames in such a short time.

"Yumi sensei, I apologize for interrupting your training," a recovered Shisui quickly apologized.

"No problem, I just finished anyway," Mutsuki sighed and laughed, inviting Shisui into the room.

"In reality, the current state of the Uchiha is closely related to your former clan leader, Uchiha Madara," Mutsuki said as he poured two glasses of water. He handed one to Shisui and kept the other, beginning to narrate the story of the Uchiha.

"Uchiha Madara's betrayal, you should be aware of it, right?"

Shisui nodded, "The clan's history says the clan leader left Konoha."

"If it were just leaving, things wouldn't have turned out like this," Mutsuki informed Shisui. He explained that if Hashirama hadn't been formidable enough back then, Uchiha Madara could have destroyed Konoha.

Shisui fell into silence. However, Mutsuki continued, telling Shisui that the story was far from over. This incident not only intensified Lord Second, Senju Tobirama's distrust for the Uchiha, who he already disliked but also led him, after becoming the Hokage, to implement various policies specifically governing the Uchiha.

These policies, in turn, sparked dissatisfaction among the Uchiha hawks, leading to thoughts of seizing power through force. Ultimately, they were discovered by ANBU and imprisoned. This series of events gradually tarnished the Uchiha's reputation, overshadowing their past contributions and making them unpopular among the villagers.

"So, a lot more happened than I thought..." Shisui realized he had oversimplified the situation.