Chapter 38: Obito's Fiery Life

Obito looked up at the sky, continuously covered by the black smoke billowing from the volcano. Coupled with the black-gray land, he seemed to be in a monotonous world of only black and gray.

"It's so hot, so spicy!" Obito took deep breaths, exhaling to make his tongue more comfortable.

Boom!

Suddenly, a deafening sound, an indescribable terrifying lava flame erupted from the volcano like a fountain, rushing towards the sky.

Hot black smoke, soaring flames, dark red lava – at this moment, the originally black-gray world gained a dangerous touch of red.

Following that, terrifying lava poured from the sky, submerging Obito, and Obito's gaze regained clarity.

"Spicy! Spicy! Spicy!" Regaining consciousness, the intense heat gradually diminished, but the lingering spicy taste on his tongue persisted.

Obito, however, did not stop eating despite the spiciness. Even though it was spicy, it was just too delicious, completely uncontrollable.

"High temperature, burning." Obito couldn't help but recall the inexplicable illusion that appeared, the flames erupting from the earth, and the high-temperature lava that melted him.

Huff, huff, huff!

In the next moment, Obito, who was panting with his tongue out, directly breathed out a crimson flame.

While shouting about the spiciness, Obito continued to spit fire, fanning his tongue with his hand, almost like a variety performer showcasing a fire-breathing stunt.

"..." Obito was a bit bewildered.

"Stop the output of Chakra," Mutsuki calmly said.

Obito then realized that he had unknowingly used Chakra at some point and cut off the Chakra supply, causing the flame to disappear.

"While the state hasn't disappeared, hurry up and practice." Mutsuki handed Obito a palm-sized ice block.

"Remember the feeling just now, the high temperature, and the burning," Mutsuki reminded.

Recalling Obito's trance just now, Mutsuki roughly guessed something.

"I didn't expect that skillful cooking with illusions could have such an effect," Mutsuki was also somewhat surprised.

"It seems I'll have to make Obito some more passionate dishes recently," Mutsuki thought to himself.

A simple home-cooked stir-fry with added chili had such an effect. If Obito ate Mapo Tofu every day, wouldn't his progress be rapid?

"Yumi-sensei, look quickly!" Obito excitedly shouted to Mutsuki while watching his hand rapidly melting the Ice Block.

After looking, Mutsuki nodded slightly. The palm-sized Ice Block had shrunk one size in just a few seconds.

"Very good, keep it up. Don't forget this feeling," Mutsuki affirmed, also reminding Obito not to get carried away.

"Yeah, yeah!" Obito nodded quickly, focusing entirely on the Ice Block, continuously releasing Chakra.

With noticeable progress, he was very excited.

Sometimes, the unbearable and dull training is simply because there is no feedback.

"If every training session could show such progress, I might become a training maniac," he thought.

"Obito, you probably don't dislike spicy food, do you?" Mutsuki suddenly asked with a smile.