Chapter 36: Not As Good As Mutsuki

Asuma, protected by Mutsuki's Water Release, instantly felt that he was not worth much as before. He had been harboring resentment towards Lord Third and had been venting it on Mutsuki, maintaining a hostile attitude.

As a teacher, Mutsuki had been very responsible. Even though Asuma had been uncooperative and resistant to Mutsuki's training, Mutsuki cleverly managed to make him complete the necessary exercises.

Although the process was a bit frustrating, it was all for his own good, aimed at helping him complete the training.

"Shisui, you can go back first." Seeing Asuma's low spirits, Mutsuki knew it was his turn.

Shisui nodded without saying much, turned around, and went to continue his practice.

Mutsuki walked up to Asuma, patting off the dust on his body and tidying up his somewhat disheveled clothes.

Finally, Mutsuki squatted down on the ground, maintaining a height similar to Asuma's, and looked into Asuma's eyes.

They locked eyes, and Asuma quickly lowered his head, then whispered, "Sensei, I'm sorry."

"How exactly do you think you've let me down?" Mutsuki asked with a smile.

"I shouldn't have vented my grievances on you, shouldn't have opposed and resisted cooperating with you all the time," Asuma replied, avoiding eye contact with Mutsuki.

"You haven't let me down; you've let yourself down," Mutsuki said, his expression gradually turning serious.

Mutsuki asked, "Doesn't not training affect me?"

Before Asuma could respond, Mutsuki continued, "It doesn't. Even if you don't train, I'll keep spending time with you. I still receive my salary of two thousand ryo per hour."

"But it's different for you. Skip training for an hour, and your hour is gone, with nothing gained," Mutsuki continued.

Dealing with such a rebellious youth requires making them feel that everything you do is for their benefit, that you are on their side, and that they are the ones making mistakes.

"I..." Asuma hesitated in his words. The more Mutsuki spoke, the more remorseful he felt, realizing how unworthy he had been.

Despite his previous annoyance with Mutsuki's methods, his appreciation for him had significantly increased in this moment.

Without exaggeration, Asuma felt that Mutsuki, his sensei for only a few days, was much better than his own father, the Hokage.

Despite going against Mutsuki's training requirements, Mutsuki didn't scold him. Instead, he praised Asuma for his strong limbs.

If it were Sarutobi Hiruzen instead, he might have been angered, stroking his beard, glaring, and scolding him.

Before delivering any lectures, Mutsuki first helped him brush off the dust from his body, tidied his clothes, and even considerately maintained eye contact.

Thinking about this, Asuma's eyes couldn't help but turn slightly red.

Why was it that a private tutor, whom he had known for only a few days, could generously praise him, while every time he came home excited about achieving something, he never received praise from his parents?

Was his "first" not as significant as the "firsts" of others?

The more Asuma thought about it, the more aggrieved he felt, especially recalling that he had been defeated by a new student earlier today while he already graduated.

Various emotions accumulated and eventually erupted. Despite Asuma's efforts to control himself, tears still flowed down, and he turned his head away, not wanting Mutsuki to see.