Part -9

Chapter 9

After returning to the office,

"I have a surgery in 20 minutes" Dr.Wilson informed me, "Okay, but what do you want me to do?" She looked at me bored "Get ready you'll be in the O.R with me" she said casually. What? I am so much happy. But what am I going to do there? I decided not to say anything.

"Go and see Dr.Mckanzie, today she is overseeing nurses to prepare O.R but from now on you'll oversee it" I nodded and went to find Dr.Mackanzie.

I don't know who she is but I decided to go towards O.R luckily there's only one surgery that will start in almost 15 mins. I went inside and the nurses were preparing O.R and there was a Doctor there which I assumed to be Dr.Mackanzie.

"Dr.Mckanzie?" I asked. "Yes?" she replied wow she seems polite, unlike a certain someone. "Dr.Wilson sent me". She smiled. "So, you're her new victim?" I looked at her confused. "I'm just joking, you're her new intern right?". " Yes".

"Good. Now go to the supply closet and bring some glucose bottles and syringes". I went to get them but I don't know where the supply closet is. I think I saw it while finding Dr.Wilson's office.

I found it, I took what was needed, and went to the O.R. The rest of the surgery went uneventful I found that Dr.Mackanzie was the second surgeon. And she is also nice.

The surgery was 7 hours long. I'm exhausted. But I have to say I learned a lot. Even though Dr.Wilson is a jerk but she is a good surgeon.

We entered her office. Even though the surgery was exhausting she still doesn't look tired. Wow, this woman is something else. I looked at the time and it was 1 am. " Go and rest in the On-call room and be here at 7 and don't be late again" I nodded ignoring her comment I don't have the power to deal with this woman for now.

I woke up at 6:00 after doing my business and having breakfast at the cafeteria. I went to Dr.Wilson's office she was there studying a case.

This time she acknowledged me as soon as I got into the office. "Study these cases and prepare a report having a suitable surgical method for all, by tomorrow morning ". I looked at the cases and there were 4 cases. How the hell am I supposed to do all of them by tomorrow.

" Don't you think these are a lot of cases to study in one day?" I said. She looked at me coldly before speaking " If you can't handle it, I suggest you should forget to become a surgeon". "No, I can handle it," I said through gritted teeth. "That's what I thought".

I'm gonna kill this woman. Without saying anything I went out, I was so much angry. I spent the rest of the day studying cases.

It's around 5 p.m. and I still have not had lunch so, I made my way to the cafeteria after buying a milkshake and some sandwiches I went to the hospital garden to eat in silence. I was eating when Dr.Mackanzie came and sat beside me.

"Having early dinner?" She asked.

"No, late lunch". She laughed a little.

" I guess I know the reason".

"Oh do you?" I challenged.

"Yeah, it most certainly has to do with Alexia," she said.

"Alexia?" I asked not knowing who is Alexia.

"Dr.Wilson". Oh so her name is Alexia I thought.

" Yeah, you're right. She gave me 4 cases to study by the morning".

"Really? You know Alexia is known to torture interns but this is a whole next level you must have done something to get on her bad side".

" I didn't do anything except that I was late yesterday because I couldn't find her office".

"It's not such a big deal, there's something else"

"Maybe, who knows, but as much as I would love to stay here and talk to you I should go and study those cases before I'm dead," I said.

She laughed "Yeah, you should". The rest of the night I spent studying cases. I looked at the time and it was 5:00 am.

Woah I spent the whole night studying these cases but now these are finished. I can't go to sleep so I decided to take a walk in the garden but before going to the garden I got myself a milkshake. I like milkshakes way too much. I sometimes have coffee but only when I'm really tired which I'll feel in a few hours because I have not slept even a little bit and I have a whole day ahead of me hopefully it's not bad.