Part-50

Chapter 50

Alexia's POV

I am in my office thinking about Riley's behavior. She has never acted like this. Has she moved on that much quickly? At this tears started to form in my eyes.

Someone knocked on my office door, I pulled myself together and said "Come in"

And the intern from earlier walked into my office. She looked like she just got laid. My jaw clenched at this, but I tried to keep myself together "How can I help you?"

"Riley wants to meet you" she said. "It's really unprofessional to call the director by her name" I said.

"No it's not, when director herself give you the permission to do so" she said smiling.

I want to rip this girl into pieces. "Okay, I'll be there" I said. "Don't be late. Riley doesn't like to wait" she said and went out.

I sighed and went to Riley's office. I knocked on the door. "Come in". I went in.

She looked at me for a split second and then turned back to the file in her hand. "Here, it's the file of the patient from VIP room 17 and bring me the last week's record of your department" she said emotionlessly.

I nodded. I was about to leave when she said "Come here" I turned around and saw her talking on phone.

'I wonder who she's calling' I thought.

I opened the door and the intern from earlier walked in with a smile. ' Guess I don't have to wonder anymore'  I thought.

I collected the past week's record and walked to Riley's office. I knocked on the door and went in and saw the girl sitting on Riley's lap on her chair. And by how worked up she is, it doesn't take a genius to figure out what was going on around here.

"Put the files on the desk and you can leave" she said turning her attention back towards the girl.

I couldn't control myself and said "Riley, what is wrong with you?" She looked at me "what do you mean?"

I turned towards the girl and said "Wait outside" she looked towards Riley asking for permission she nodded and the girl walked out. I rolled my eyes at this.

"Riley what is this?" I asked again a little softly. "I again ask what do you mean?" She said looking at me.

"What I mean is that it's not like you. You don't act this way. You're not reckless. You…" She interrupted me.

"And you don't know me" she said coldly. "You only know the Riley who was in love with you. Not this one"

I walked towards her and cupped her cheek "Riley, please don't be like that" I said. But she just looked at me emotionlessly and pushed my hand away.

"Dr.Wilson I would recommend you to maintain a professional distance" she said coldly and I looked at her unbelievably.

"If there's nothing else, you can go" she said turning towards the files. I just went out, still not being able to believe how much of a different person she looks.

But she is right about one thing. I know nothing about her. Neither did I tried to. I sighed and went home.

I entered the house and Iris was already there "Hey.." before I could say anything else she hugged me tightly.

"Iris? What's wrong?" I asked worried.

"Nothing" she said and kept hugging me.

I pulled away and looked at her. And her eyes were swollen. "Why were you crying?" I asked.

"It's just Dr.Walker had this girl around. And that just really hurt me to see her clinging to Dr.Walker and how she let her" she said sighing.

"I just don't know what's wrong with her? Normally, she wouldn't even let anyone near herself. And now she's like…" She trailed off and a tear fell on her cheek.

I hugged her "It's okay. I'm here for you" I said, my eyes were burning with tears but I didn't let them fall.

Iris fell asleep hugging me. And I laid her on the couch and gave her blanket.

"Riley, what in the world are you doing?" I sighed and took out a bottle of wine. I drank for a while and then went to sleep.