Part-55

Alexia's POV

After coming out if Riley's office I went to terrace. I wonder why Riley always comes here whenever she's sad or upset about something.

I looked at the sun setting in the distance. I stood there thinking what would have happened if only I wouldn't have left back then. Would things have ended differently?

Guess I'll never know. I'm left alone Iris won't talk to me and Riley… I sighed. Maybe that's what I deserve after everything I've done.

I was looking at the sun and the tears started to fall down from my eyes. I let myself cry and then went home.

Next day.

I was in my office. I wrote a resignation letter and went to Riley's office. I knocked on the door twice. When no one answered I went in. Looks like Riley's not here. I decided to put the letter on her desk and left.

I decided to tell Iris and called her to my office. I was in my office when someone knocked on the door "Come in" I said and and Iris walked in.

"Hey" she said. "Hi"

"Why did you call me here?" She asked looking around. Things haven't been same between us ever since she found out the truth. That's the main reason I didn't want her to know.

"I wanted to tell you I'm leaving this hospital" I said.

She looked at me "Is it because of me? If it is then don't. I was wrong to get in between you two" she said.

I took her hand "it's not because of you. And you didn't came in between me and Riley we were just never meant to be together. That's it. It's not your fault" I said reassuring her.

She nodded and asked "So then why are you leaving? Is it because of Dr.Walker?"

"I just don't have any reason to stay" I said. And she pouted "but you have me" "I know, but you know what I mean"

She nodded and asked "So, what did she say when you talked to her?" Iris asked.

I sighed and decided to tell her, it's not like hiding things have done any good. She just nodded in aknowledgement.

Now I just have to wait here for a week.

A week later

I was in my office packing last of my things. I sighed . During the whole week Riley never even once said anything to me. She really doesn't want to bother with me anymore. Maybe that's for the best, it's not like she has ever gotten anything except hurt from me. A tear fell from my eyes and I wiped it with the back of my hand.

Both of us were trying to avoid to each other and we were able to do that for most of the time.

During the whole week we only saw each other once during a surgery and none of us said anything.

A knock on the door brought me back and I said "Come in". Alice walked in to say something but stopped seeing all of my things packed up.

"What is this, Alexia?" She asked. "I resigned" I said. "You can't just resign on the spot you have to submit the resignation letter a week before" she said.

"I know and I submitted my resignation letter a week ago" I said. "You did?" She asked.

"Yeah, I did". She nodded and walked out of the office. I too decided to leave. I wonder why Riley hasn't told Alice that I'm leaving. Maybe it doesn't matter to her anymore.

I put my things in my car and drove off.

Riley's POV

I was in my office working on some case when Alice walked in and asked "Why didn't you tell me Alexia resigned?"

I looked up and asked shocked "She what?". "She resigned" she repeated. "When?" I asked confused.

"Wait, so you don't know she resigned?" she asked. "No I don't". "But she said she submitted the resignation letter a week ago" Alice said

"That's absurd. I never got any resignation letter" I said. "Then why would she…" She trailed off and came closer to the desk. She bent down and picked up a letter.

"There it is" she said handing me the letter. I looked at the date and Alexia did submit it a week ago.

"Is she in her office?" I asked. "Yeah, she was there…" I didn't let her finish and ran towards Alexia's office.

I went in her office and it was empty. There was not a single thing there. I walked out of her office feeling numb.

Alice came by side and put a hand on my shoulder. I hugged her and cried "She left me Alice. She left me again" I said sobbing.

She took me to my office and I cried. Even though I rejected her this time but still she's the one who left me again.

I wiped my tears and got up. "Where are you going?" Alice asked. "Home you should go home too" I said to her.

"But will you be okay?" She asked. "Yeah, Don't worry about me. I lived when she left before and I'll live now" I said and got out of my office. I unlocked my car and decided to go to the bar.

I drank quite a lot. And after drinking I got in my car. I've to say I'm really drunk. I started the car and hit the road. After a while of driving I found myself in front of Alexia's house.

I remember reading her address from her job application but never thought of coming here.

I got out of the car and went to the door of her house. I rang the bell. I think it's because of alcohol. Cuz sober me will never do anything like this.

No one opened the door. So, I rang the doorbell continously until someone actually opened it.

The door opened and Alexia walked out. "Riley, what are you doing here?" She asked. "Why did you left me?" I asked getting close to her.