Part-48

Chapter 48

Riley's POV

The next morning, I was in my office going over some files. When someone knocked on my office door.

"Come in" I said. Someone came in I kept looking at the file. When even after a few minutes no one said anything I like up and Alexia was standing there in front of me.

I looked at her confused not knowing what to do but I kept a straight face. Thinking she's might not even here for anything besides work.

"Dr.Wilson. Have a seat" I said. She sat across me and said "It's the first time you've called me that ever since we've met again"

"Your point?" I asked not being in the mood for another heart ache anytime soon.

She sighed "Look, Iris confessed her feelings for you yesterday and I think now you realize that why I can't be with you"

"Okay.....and?"

"I want you to be with Iris" she said.

"WHAT?" I exclaimed. "Are you out of your mind?"

"Iris is better than me in every sense, and she loves you most of all. So, you should be with her" she said.

"Does that even make sense to you?" I said.

"Don't you see that how much better she is than me. She told you that she loves while I..." She trailed off.

"You what?" I asked. "She told you that she loves you while I don't even like you. So, she's way too much better than me and you should be with her"

"Oh, so you're saying that I should love her because she's better than you and then what happens after that and what if I find someone who's better than Iris what should I do then and by your logic I think I should leave Iris and move on to another just cuz she's better?" I said in absolute anger.

"Oh, come on you know I don't mean it like that" Alexia said.

"Oh, really then what do you mean?"

I asked.

"I mean.... Ugh! Why you can't just listen to me for once?"

"Look, I understand why you can't be with me but you can't just ask me to be with someone I not only do not love but I haven't also thought of her in that way, it's not fair "I said trying to level my voice.

"Life is never fair" she said emotionlessly.

"Okay. And what about Iris?" I asked.

"What about her?" She asked in confusion.

"Since you're suggesting something outrageous as this. I'm assuming Iris doesn't know about our history?" I said

"She doesn't has to. What matters is that she's happy" she said looking in my eyes.

"How will she react when she will know that her aunt has asked for someone's love for her?"

"She doesn't have to know" she said looking away.

"You're unbelievable" i said and went out of office.

I went to terrace and opened a bottle of scotch taking a big gulp. I continued to drink looking at the city below and tears started to spill from my eyes.

I love Alexia so much and she doesn't want to be with me and that just hurts so much. Why doesn't she wants to be with me?

Alexia's POV

I got home, picked up the bottle of wine and went on the couch in front of the big window.

As I started to drink the wine, tears started to fall. Normally, I would never cry but today the hurt is just so much for me handle.

I love Riley so much but I just can't have her and that hurts so much every single day.

It hurts so much when she says she loves me and I can't say it back.

Why I can't be with the only person who ever cared for me? Why?

Iris's POV

I am sitting at a bar drinking whiskey. Trying to lessen the pain of rejection but I just can't. Why does it hurt a so much?

Dr.Walker didn't waited even for a second to reject me. Am I that much bad that she didn't even considered me as an option.

Hey guys. Hope you're all are doing okay. Just want to say that if someone rejects you it doesn't mean you're not enough. It might mean they don't want to hurt you by leading you on and tricking you into a loveless relation.