Part-44

Chapter 44

Alexia's POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I went to take a shower. I ate breakfast and then to hospital. I walked to the nurse station.

"Hello Dr.Wilson" One of the nurse said whose name is Emily.

"Hello, send me the file of the patient from bed 67 " I said and went to my office.

I was going over some files when someone knocked on the door of my office.

"Come in" I said. The door opened and Aroura Davies walked in. I have to say I wasn't expecting her.

"How can I help you?" I asked. She sat on the chair across from me "Stay away from Riley" she said venomously.

My brows furrowed "What do you mean?" I asked.

"It means, stay away from her. Last time when you got involved with her she was left broken so this time stay away from her. Or else I'll make your life hell"

"I don't plan on being involved with her. But I can't leave this hospital" I said.

"Why?". "I'm sure you know, I'm in a contract with Riley. Help me get out of it and you won't see me again"

She studied me for a few minutes and said "Okay. I will help you but you'll leave this hospital immediately"

"Sure". "What do I have to do?" She asked. "Just get me the contract she made me sign that day" I said.

"Okay, you'll get it. But I swear if you're trying to pull any stunt I'll ruin you." She said and went out of my office.

I was in my office when door to my office opened and Iris walked in. " How many times do I have to tell you that we're in hospital you can't just burst into my office?"

"Okay, I get it. I won't do it again". "Better" 

"Why are you here?" I asked her.

"You were going to tell me how you're connected to Dr.Walker"  she said.

"She was my intern a few years back" I said trying to keep the details as vague as possible.

"Okay, but that doesn't explain the conversation from that day. What does Aurora meant by contract and her being virgin?" she asked.

"The contract we talked about was regarding that if Dr.Walker wants to start doing surgeries in her first year as intern than she have to work extra hours" I said. I know I'm lying but it's best that she doesn't know about mine and Riley's history.

"Okay, but did you and Dr.Walker had something?" She asked.

"No, we didn't. Our relation was purely professional" I lied.

"Then why were you talking about her being virgin at that time" she said trying to dig deeper.

"We were talking about her first relation. At that time she was an intern at the hospital, she was a virgin at that time"

"And how do you know that? If your relation with her was purely professional?" She asked.

"I happened to overhear her conversation. Now go. I've got work to do" I said picking up a file from my desk.

"But…" She started

"I said go"

She went out of my office. I sighed. I've got to get out of this contract before Iris finds anything out.

A few hours later the someone knocked on the door. "Come in" I said.

The door opened and someone walked in. They came and sat in across the desk. I was about to flip off whoever this was but when I looked up it was Riley.

"How can I help you?" I asked trying to be professional.

"You can help me by a kiss" she said smirking. God please give me patience I really need it. "Riley we are in a hospital"

"And?" She said arching an eyebrow. "I….We can't. Anyone can walk in"  Iris can walk in.

"That never stopped you before" she said. "Well, that was a long time ago. I can't be reckless anymore"

"Why?". "Because….please understand. It's not going to end well so let's not go there" I said trying to reason with her.

She looked at me intensely and said "I came here to give you this file. The surgery is in a week, you can get further details from Alice" she said getting up.

She opened the door "I made the mistake of letting you go once, I'm not going to do it again" said and closed it.

Riley, how do I make you understand?

I can't be with you at least not when Iris has feelings for you.

I opened the file and started to study it. It's not going to be easy.

Riley's POV

I was going towards the O.R for a surgery. Alexia is going to be my second surgeon. Dr.Huges is going to be my third surgeon.

I walked into the O.R and everyone went silent. I started the surgery and everything went smoothly.

After the surgery, I was in my office when Alice walked in "Ri can I go home early?" She asked.

"Yes, you can. But why? Is everything alright?" I asked.

"Yeah, Everything is great" she said smiling widely.

"What's up with this smile? Tell me why are you leaving early?"

"Well, I have a date" she said.

"Umm…with Ari?" I asked and her mouth dropped open.

"H-How do you know?" She asked. "Oh come on, Ari is not flirting with me as intensely as before and both of you are eye fucking each other for a while now, it's about time you two get together"

"Does Liv know?" She asked. "Yes, Liv does know" Liv said walking out of my closet.

"What are you doing here?" She asked. "Well, I came to hang out with both of you since Ari said she was busy but now I can understand why" She said smirking.

"Okay, but why were you in closet?"

"I was finding something sexy for Riley to where so three us can go out"

"Okaaay, so I should get going" Al said blushing slightly. "Sure, but we need details later on" Liv said and she walked out.