Part-53

Ari's POV

Next day,

I went to hospital and straight to Alexia's office. I opened the door of her office and she looked at me. I walked in and said "Why the fuck are you still here?"

"I can't leave right now" she said. "And why is that?" I asked angrily. "Because like you I also care about Iris and she's way too much heartbroken over Riley"

"So you broke Riley's heart because she broke Iris's?" I said through gritted teeth.

"No. I told her that I can't be with her because Iris loves Riley" she said.

"And why in the world you suggested for her to be with Iris?" I asked.

"Because that's what I want. I want them to be happy"

"No, you only wanted Iris to be happy. You never cared about Riley"

She didn't said anything in response. "I'll leave. But not now I can't leave Iris like this. She needs me and…."

"No, I'll not take that crap again. I'll make sure that you leave" I said and walked out of her office.

I walked around the hospital and spotted Iris. I walked close to her "Iris?"

She turned around "Yes?" "I want to talk to you, are you free?" I asked.

"Yes, I'm for now. What is it?" She asked. "Not here. Let's go somewhere else. Maybe a cafe?" I suggested.

She hesitated "It won't take long" I said. "Okay" she said. We started walking, she seems like a nice person but her aunt is a bitch and I can't let her be near Riley.

We reached a cafe and went in. We sat on a table and she turned towards me "what do you wanted to talk about?" She asked.

"Do you know how your aunt and Riley are connected?" I asked.

Her brows furrowed "My aunt?" "Yes, I Know Alexia is your aunt" I said.

She nodded and said "Yes I know she told me, Dr.Walker was her intern"

"Is that what she told you?" I scoffed. "Oh they are much more than you think" I said.

"What do you mean?" She asked confused. I told her everything and by the end she was speechless "if you really love Riley as much as you say you do. Keep your aunt away from her" I said and walked out of the cafe.

Alexia's POV

I was in my office when someone opened the door of my office without knocking. I looked up and it was Iris. "Iris, How many times do I have to tell you, you can't just walk in like that?"

"What's your relation with Dr.Walker?" She asked her voice was filled with emotions.

"I told you, she was my intern" I said cautiously trying to understand the situation I am in.

"No, you're lying. And you also lied when you said that your and Dr.Walker's relation was purely professional" she said angrily.

"Who told you that?" I asked through gritted teeth. "So, it is true" she said in disbelief.

"No Iris it's…" She interrupted me. "Please don't" she said tears started to fall from her eyes. She opened the door and Riley was standing out about to knock. Riley looked at Iris confused. But Iris just wiped her tears and walked out.

Riley looked at me for a second and walked out too.

Alexia's POV

It's been a week since Iris find out everything and she hasn't talked to me even once since that day. Neither has she come to my house.

I am so worried. I should have told her but I couldn't. I was in my house when someone rang the bell.

I went to open the door and Iris was standing there. "Hi" she said. "Hey" I said and motioned for her to come in.

She came in and I asked "want something?" "No, I'm fine" she said and sat in the couch in the living room.

I nodded and sat besides her. "Why didn't you tell me?" She asked. Her gaze was fixated on the wall.

I sighed, I knew I would've to answer her questions at some point but why is it so hard. "I wanted to but I couldn't when you told me how much you love her"

She nodded. "When were you planning to tell me ?"

"Maybe never. I didn't want to hurt you" I said. "Why did you thought it would hurt me? Surely, I would be upset for a day maybe but you two loved each other even before I met her"

"I knew you love her and that being with her would make you happy. And I just wanted to see you happy" I said.

"You know what would have made me happy? That you would've tell me everything yourself and I wouldn't have to get to know about it from someone else"

"I-I am sorry you had to go through that. And I'm sorry I didn't tell you" I said.

She nodded "Do you love her?" She asked. "And please don't try to lie to me"

"Yes, I…I do" I said.

She nodded " then you should be with her" she said. "But you love her" I said.

"No, I don't. It's just a silly crush. I'll get over it" she said finally turning towards me, her eyes were filled with tears.

"But I can't…. I " I started but she interrupted me. "Stop giving excuses. You deserve to be happy"

"Both of you love each other. Then I don't understand why are you so much insistent on pushing her away" she said and I couldn't answer.

"Be with her okay?" She asked. I nodded and she said "I'm really sleepy, I'm going upstairs"