Part-19

Chapter 19

RILEY'S POV

It's been a month since I signed the contract. Sometimes Dr.Wilson would kiss me unexpectedly. But that's all we have done till now. And I'm really grateful cuz I've never had sex and to be honest, I'm a little afraid of it. I've heard that it hurts when you have sex for the first time. But I hope she just keep kissing me and doesn't do anything else.

It's about to be 7 in the morning and I'm walking towards Dr.Wilson's office. I knocked on the door. "Come in" . I went inside.

She looked at me and started to walk towards me. I was looking at her and in an instant her lips crashed on mine.  She had her hands around my neck and I had mine around her waist, she tasted like the coffee she had earlier. I was enjoying the kiss so much but all of a sudden she stopped, I leaned back a bit not knowing why she stopped, cuz she usually doesn't stop until I'm out of breath. She had a smirk on her lips. That's when I noticed that I had unconsciously pulled her closer and was keeping our bodies flushed against each other. My face went red and I immediately pulled away and cleared my throat.

She had a smile on her face which was telling how much she found this amusing, I looked everywhere but at her, then she said "Go make rounds". "Okay" was all I said and I was out of the office. I started to make rounds.

I had just finished making rounds when my pager buzzed. It was Dr.Wilson. I went to her office.

"There's this surgery in 4 hours and you'll be the second surgeon" I don't know what to say. She has been doing this a lot lately. She would tell me about the surgery just a few hours before. "Can you tell me about the surgery at least a day before in the future?" I said sarcastically.

"I already said if you can't do it then quit"

she said looking at me with a blank face. "It's not like I can't do this, but if you tell me a day before than I can prepare for the surgery a lot more well, and I wouldn't have to feel like I don't have time to even breath".

"If you're that much worried about time than you wouldn't have been wasting it, you would have been preparing for the surgery by now".

Ugh, I just can't reason with her can I?

I decided to not to say anything. I took the file and walked out of her office, making sure to slam the door on my way.

After that I spent whatever time I had to study about the surgery, I was going to be in.

My pager buzzed. I didn't realize It had been four hours. I looked at the pager and it was Satan. I sighed and made my way towards her office.

I went in and she said to prepare the O.R . After preparing the O.R I went to call Satan.

At the time we finished surgery it was 2 in the morning. After closing the thoracic cavity and cleaning up I went to On-call room to sleep.

**

The Next Day I was making rounds, when someone bumped into me. She was about to fall when I grabbed her wrist and pulled her to me. I looked at the face of the person who bumped into me and it was Ella

"Falling for me all over again?" I asked with a smirk. She rolled her eyes smiling. "Oh, please"she said.

"What?" I asked. "I know I'm hot" I added. She smirked and said "By how you're still holding me not wanting to let go, at least I'm not the only one falling".

That's when I noticed that I was still holding her wrist and her other hand was on my chest. There was barely few inches between us. Anyone who would see us like this would think we're having a moment.

I cleared my throat and stepped back.

"Why didn't you call me?" She asked.

How should I tell her that my bitch of a boss tricked me into signing a contract.

"I…" Before I could say anything else Dr.Wilson came out of nowhere and hissed "Why aren't you making rounds I don't pay you for standing and doing nothing?"

Why does she always have to be a bitch? "I'll get back to work" I said to Dr.Wilson.

I turned to Ella and said "I'll call you, Okay". "Call me for real this time or else you won't like the consequences" she said smiling and winked before leaving.

Why do I have to be the only one to face the consequences? Why?

I was still in my own world when Dr.Wilson's voice pulled me out of my daze. I noticed that I was staring at the corner Ella turned.

"Sorry, I'll get back to work" I said.

"Meet me in my office" she said with a strange edge in her voice and walked to her office.