Part -10

Chapter 10

As I was walking I saw Dr.Mckanzie sitting on a bench with no other than Dr.Wilson. They were talking to each other about something. I'll just walk past them, I thought.

But, when I was about to walk past them Dr.Mckanzie called me.

"Hey".

I stopped is she talking to me. I looked around surely there was no one else except me.

" I'm talking to you," she said.

"Oh?" That was all I could say because I didn't know what else to say. So I stood there.

"Finished studying cases?" She asked.

"Yeah, just about 30 minutes ago".

" I figured you would be up all night doing it," She said chuckling.

"Yeah, I also kind of thought that".

After that, we went silent. Wow, this is awkward, only because of the presence of one woman who annoys the hell out of me.

" You never told me your name," Dr.Mckanzie said.

"It's Riley Walker," I said confidently taking my hand out.

"Anna Mckanzie," she said taking my hand.

"Pretty name for a pretty girl," I said smirking.

She chuckled "If I didn't know better I would think you're flirting with me"

"Maybe I am," I said still smirking until I hear a clearing of the throat.

Both of us looked at the source of noise "I'm still here" she said annoyed. I smirked knowing that I'm the cause of her annoyance.

Dr.Mckanzie just rolled her eyes "see you later, Dr.Mckanzie" I said.

"Just call me Anna," she said smiling.

"And yeah later". I just smirked and left.

Alexia's POV

Today is the day I'm going to be assigned to another kid who wouldn't even know how to read charts. Nonetheless, I should get up. I decided to wear a black knee-length dress. I had my hair in a high ponytail cuz I have surgery today.

I walked to my office. The intern was late so, I just decided to read over some cases. Someone knocked on the door. " Come in," I said.

I noticed someone coming in but decided not to look up from my file.

Whoever it is should know that I'll not tolerate this behavior. After almost 5 minutes she cleared her throat to get my attention, but I kept going through the case.

Suddenly, she sat down in one of the chairs. "Who permitted you to sit down?". She rolled her eyes before saying " you were not acknowledging my presence so I thought why should I tire myself from standing".

How dare she act like this when she was late "You were 20 minutes late if you want to get acknowledged next time be on time".

" I was on time but it took me 20 minutes to find your office" she snapped.

"This just shows how much of a slow person you are, that it took you 20 minutes just to find my office".I stated.

" I'm sorry, I will be on time from tomorrow" I smiled internally knowing she's backing down. It's going to be fun.

"From tomorrow, not today?"."From today" she corrected herself.

I noticed that it was time to make rotations so I got out of my office, I looked over my shoulder and she was following me, Looks like she is my cup of tea "Looks like you've got enough brain to know to follow me" I said but she didn't say anything. I've to say I'm a bit disappointed.

But I chose to ignore it and started to check charts. I looked from the corner of my eye and saw she was also looking over some charts. I decided to focus on my task.

After a bit, I noticed some commotion

"Why should I? You're just disturbing me?". Someone yelled.

" What's all this commotion is about?" I shouted, the nurse flinched but it didn't affect my intern how amusing I thought.

"D-Doctor she is not letting me give this dosage to the patient," the nurse said.

I turned towards my intern expecting her to explain.

"I was stopping her from giving him that medicine because it's Claritin and he is allergic to Clarinex" she explained calmly. I picked up his chart and examined it, she was right.

"Who recommended this medicine to this patient?" I inquired calmly. "Dr.Jonathan" the nurse replied. "Give him my message, that he should at least make sure to check the patient's chart before recommending a medicine," I said annoyed.

I have to say I'm impressed. Not everyone can notice such a minor thing. But I decided not to say anything and went towards my office.