31.

song recommendation: i don't understand but i luv u -seventeen

"what's going on, hyung?" sunoo blinked, he couldn't digest the information laid upon him. 

"i looked at sena's phone and i seen her texts with her mom. she- she was saying she didn't want to lie anymore...." sunoo seen how shaken up jay was while he tried to explain so he decided that was enough. 

sunoo placed a hand onto the older's arm to stop him from continuing. when jay looked back at the latter, sunoo nodded with a small smile, letting him know it's okay and he doesn't have to keep talking.

without saying anything more, sunoo got up from his place on the couch. jongseong's exhausted eyes followed his every move as he disappeared into the bedroom.

when he returned, he had hands full of blankets and pillows. 

he was quick to work and began creating a pallet for the two of them to lay on. jay was impressed at how quickly the younger was able to finish making somewhere for them to sleep.

after he finished, sunoo stood up with his hands on his hips and a sigh. "come on, let's sleep." he called for jay to get off the couch as he turned off the lamp.

jay did as told and laid on the surprisingly comfortable makeshift bed. sunoo was soon to join him on the floor and faced him. there was little space between the two because of the small size of the comforter but they had no complaints.

the both of them said nothing. the silence was knowing and sweet. the coolness from the winter air made them enjoy feeling the body heart radiating off each other.

sunoo's mind replayed how he felt when he seen the older standing at his door with tears streaming down his face. just seeing him in such a state was enough to trample onto sunoo's fragile heart.

he missed his voice. 

sunoo didn't realize how long two months were until he felt jay in his arms once again. 

he didn't know he would fold and give in immediately after seeing the older once again. it was like he had full control over sunoo.

their eyes did enough talking for them until sunoo used his voice. "i don't understand everything that happened, but i'm sorry. i know you wanted a baby. you must be heartbroken." his tone almost whisper like, it was sincere.

jay shook his head, "no. i don't want anything else right now. i just want to be here." he confessed as he shook his head, dismissing sunoo's statement. 

he did still want a family, but that was least important to him at this moment.

up until now, he felt his world was crashing. but once he seen those hazel eyes, he realized the world was still standing with a large smile and open arms, waiting for him.

the corners of sunoo's lips lifted as he heard those words. it was all he's been wanting to hear for months without even realizing it.

"i missed you." 

goosebumps scattered jay's skin when sunoo uttered those words with so much feeling behind them. they said so little but so much to each other. 

it seemed that less words meant more to the two of them.

jay searched sunoo's eyes, searching for something. something he didn't know he was looking for. 

"i missed you too." his tone soft like speaking to a sleeping newborn baby.

"i'm sorry i didn't respond to you." sunoo still felt guilty for not answering jongseong's messages for weeks and weeks. it's not that he didn't want to, no. he was afraid that he would be trying to push himself into the older's life. 

he didn't want to distract jay from his real life.

"it's okay. right now is enough." jay shifted as close as possible. he felt sunoo's breath falter at their proximity.

jay seen the switch of confusion that played in sunoo's gaze. he didn't have an answer to give him either. 

sunoo felt their noses touch and the fan of air coming from the older onto his lips.

he felt his heart pacing faster than it needed to, so he quickly dipped his head and hid in jay's chest.

if he stayed in the same place, he didn't know what would happen. and that was the scariest part. he knew he wouldn't be able to control himself if something accidently happened.

after a while of them staying with sunoo's arms around jay's waist and head buried into his chest, the older broke the silence and his words completely caught sunoo off guard.

"i'm going to leave sena." he declared with the most serious expression he's ever had. 

sunoo's quickly popped his head up to look up at the other. when jay returned the stare, sunoo's eyes were wide with shock. 

"we planned to get a divorce before her games, but this was the last straw. i can't stay with someone i don't love.

for some reason, the few words made sunoo gulp. it felt like they had another deeply hidden meaning. 

maybe that was just in his imagination.

"are you sure?" sunoo felt that he may have unintentionally intruded into the couple's marriage somehow. that was farthest from what he intended. 

"sunoo." jay's tone was gentle yet firm, telling sunoo to read the situation. there was no way he would stay with someone who'd lie about something so important like that.

"i'm sorry, i just want to make sure you don't make any hastily decisions. but i stand by you one hundred percent." sunoo returned his head into jongseong's chest, where he heard the rhythmic melody of his heartbeat. it had became his favorite sound of the night.

sena paced back and forth in her room. she couldn't fathom the thought of having to tell her mother that jongseong had found out. 

it was clear as day that their marriage was far from ever recovering. this was irreversible and she was well aware of that.

at some point she had to just accept that her mom would eventually know. but she figured she could hide everything until the divorce was finalized. 

everything was overwhelming her and making her more anxious than she had been for the past two months. she could barely sleep every night, afraid that jay would somehow figure her out and her mother would disown her.

now her nightmares were unfolding right in front of her yes. 

'i don't understand but i luv u' is one of my favorite song's right now. all the songs i use has some form of connection to the chapter they're on, so look at the lyrics😉