There Is No 'N'! (TUQ)

Hisham: *regarding Hana suspiciously* okay, drive safely please.

Hana: I will. *she tries to ignore Houssam, but he gives her another crooked grin.*

Houssam: It was nice to see you again Hanan!

Hana: *thinking* Hanan?! HANAN!? HanaN!?*she is about to dash out of the room when she catches her brother looking at her in amusement. Not really sure what to do, she clears her throat nervously.* Um, my name is actually Hana.

Houssam: What did I say?

Hana: You said Hanan.

Houssam: No I didn't!

Hana: Yes, you did.

Houssam: No! Obviously I know what your name is! *pointing at her and shouting slightly* Hanan!

Hisham: you just did it again bro.

*Houssam's face reddens slightly.*

Houssam: Oh. Wow. Okay. I'm sorry, I feel so stupid!

Hana: *shaking her head* no, it's fine. Anybody could have made that mistake. *she hesitates for a second before looking back up at him.* Also, you probably don't remember this, well, you obviously don't remember this, but we went to the same high school.

Houssam: Oh God! At the same time!?

Hana: Yeah....I was a freshman and you were a senior. *when his face remained blank, she groaned internally. Some impression she had made.* we were in the MSA together...

Houssam: *sensing her agitation* Of course I remember that! I know we went to high school together! I thought you meant college...*he trails off lamely, obviously trying to save face.*

Hana: *still feeling hurt about him calling her little and getting her name wrong* Don't worry about it. *she looks back at Hisham* I'm going to go.

Hisham: *nodding* okay. Salaam.

Hana: Walaikumasalaam. Welcome back again Houssam.

Houssam: BYE HANAN! *as he put stress on the word, it was evident he thought he had the right name, and she shook her head before walking away from them, her brother's voice reaching her.*

Hisham: Bro. There is no 'N'.

Houssam: Dang it!