I Have To Show You Something! (UH)

*********WARNING********
THIS POST CONTAINS A SPOILER FROM CAPTURED HEARTS. IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY READING OR PLAN TO READ CAPTURED HEARTS, EXIT THIS WINDOW IMMEDIATELY!

*At the sound of incessant pounding on his door, Issam sat up from where he was laying on his bed texting Basma, having no doubt in his mind who it was.*

Layla: *shouting* Amu Issam! Are you awake? I have to show you something!

Issam: *sending his text to Basma* yes I'm awake.

Layla: Can I come in!? It's very important!

Issam: Yes come in.

*the door flew open, and Layla walked in the room. She was wearing a yellow Princess Belle nightgown, and had her hair in a long braid down her back that was tied with a yellow ribbon. She was wearing fluffy yellow slippers, and was clutching an Olaf stuffed toy.*

Layla: *jumping onto the bed next to him* Why aren't you wearing your pajamas?

Issam: Because I'm not going to sleep yet.

Layla: But Baba said it's bedtime! You have to wear your pajamas for sleeping!

Issam: *crossing his legs, and leaning against the wall* and I will wear them when I go to sleep In Sha Allah.

Layla: Do you get to stay up late?

Issam: Yes.

Layla: *hopefully* Can I stay up with you!?

Issam: Didn't you just say your Baba said it was time for bed?

Layla: *guiltily* yes.

Issam: Then you have to go to sleep!

Layla: Okay, but I have to show you something!

*Hisham appears in the doorway*

Hisham: Layla! I told you to go to bed! What are you doing in here?!

Layla: I have to show Amu Issam something!

Hisham: *picking her up* you can show him in the morning! You don't listen to Baba anymore?

Layla: No, I listen Baba! I do!

Hisham: Then you have to go to sleep.

Layla: Can Amu Issam tuck me in?! Please Baba?!

Hisham: Lulu, don't bother Amu Issam. You've been after him all day! *he looks at Issam* I'm sorry, she's just really excited.

Issam: It's okay. It's nice actually, I don't really have any family.

Layla: *jumping out of her father's arms and throwing hers around Issam* I'm your family!

Issam: *hugging her back* thank you Layla. *he picks her up* let's go tuck you in. *they make their way down the hallway to Layla's bedroom, and after he had put her down and pulled the blanket up over her, he started to leave, when she sat up*

Layla: Amu Issam! You didn't turn on my nightlight!

Issam: *switching on the Minnie Mouse nightlight that was in the corner* there you go. Good night Layla. *he tries to leave again, but she gave another shriek*

Layla: Amu Issam! I can't sleep without my pony!

*Issam strode across the room and picked up her pink pony, handing it to her*

Issam: Okay, goodnight Layla.

Layla: Wait!

Issam: Layla, you have to go to sleep now!

Layla: I will sleep! But I didn't get to show you what I wanted to show you before!

Issam: Can't you show me in the morning In Sha Allah?

Layla! No! It's so important! Can I just show you now?! Please!?

*As she stretched out the 'e' in 'please', Issam sighed, and walked forward, sitting on the edge of her bed*

Issam: What do you want to show me?

Layla: *reaching into her pocket and pulling out a picture* here you go!

Issam: *taking it from her* what is this? *he looks at the picture which depicts a little girl sitting on a pony, her smile wide* is this you Layla?

Layla: No it's not me!

Issam: Who is it?

Layla: *beaming at him* it's Khaltu Basma!

Issam: Oh. *he looks back down at the picture, smiling* why did you show me this?

Layla: I thought you wanted to see what she looked like when she was a little girl like me!

Issam: Well thank you. That was very nice of you.

Layla: *leaning back against her pillow sleepily* maybe one day you will have a baby that looks like her!

Issam: *smiling* In Sha Allah. *he tucked the blanket around her again, and stood up, heading towards the door* Alright, I'll see you in the morning In Sha Allah.

Layla: Wait! Amu Issam! I didn't get a goodnight kiss!

Issam: *in surprise* what?

Layla: Mama and Baba always kiss me goodnight...*she trails off slightly, and a few seconds later she was fast asleep. Issam watched her silently, before walking forward and kissing her on the head*

Issam: Goodnight habibti.