Yahya's First Eid!

*Rana is at the counter in her large kitchen, rolling out the dough for her special Eid cookies. Once she has it to the right thickness, she picks up the star cookie cutter, and begins to cut out the shapes, humming as she places them in the baking tray.*

*Rami comes into the room*

*He is wearing his signature sweatpants and tank, the 'poor' guy is really too big to wear anything else, but he has a baby blanket slung over his shoulder, a pacifier clip is hanging from his pocket, and he is holding a baby bottle*

Rami: Phew! I finally got him down for his nap!

Rana: *looking up from her cookies* Wow, that took him a lot longer this time! I wonder why?

*Rami shrugs, and heads towards the sink, beginning to clean the bottle*

Rami: I have no idea, but he just stared up at me with those eyes of yours all challenging like, "Really? You think you're going to win this?"

*Rana laughs, and leans over to kiss his shoulder*

Rana: Well thanks for putting him to sleep, I wanted to get a start on my cookies, I'm already out of time!

Rami: *sarcastically* Oh yeah, because you only have a week before Eid!

Rana: Hey! Do you know how many people there are in our family? And how long it takes to make just one batch of cookies? *she punches him in his shoulder* You alone could eat this entire batch right here!

Rami: *nodding as he dries off the bottle* I can, and I plan to!

*Rana smacks him with her dish towel, her brilliant retort on the tip of her tongue, before her phone rings, vibrating from it's place on the non cookie'd side of the counter*

Rana: Will you grab that babe?

Rami: Sure *he walks around the counter, pinching Rana lightly as he goes, causing her to jump and give a squeal of surprise*

Rana: Hey!

*Rami laughs, before looking down at her phone*

Rami: It's your mom. Answer?

Rana: Yes please!

Rami: *lifting the phone to his ear* ASalaaamuAlaiKUM! Yes, yes Rana is here, but she is baking. Mhmm, mhmm, I am not sure, let me ask her. *he pulls the phone away from his ear* You mom wants to know if you got Yahya that stroller she mentioned to you?

Rana: No, but his old stroller is perfectly fine.

Rami: No she didn't bu... *he trails off, before looking down at the phone*

Rana: What happened?

Rami: *laughing* She hung up!

Rana: *surprised* What!?

Rami: I said that you hadn't, and she said 'okay great, bye!'

Rana: Ooh she's going to get it for him! He doesn't need it!

Rami: Yeah well, my Mom is on a frenzy too buying him stuff.

Rana: *groaning* it isn't just them! I've been getting calls all week it seems like, but especially today! Both of our moms, Jenna, Maria, Hind, Hikmah, and Emma *she gives a shake of her head* I don't even want to imagine how many things Emma is getting him!

Rami: Well, it's not only his first Eid, but it's the family's first Eid with the first grand baby slash nephew. So it is kind of a big deal. *he gives a wistful smile* It's my first Eid as a Baba

*Rana smiles up at him*

Rana: I didn't think of it that way. That's true. Our first Eid as our little family. *she tilts her head back, motioning towards him* You come down here!