Kailar - Chapter 7

I woke up late the next day, with Kailar right beside me. As soon as my eyes were open I developed a splitting headache, along with a slight sound of what sounded like people talking in the back of my head.

As soon as I woke up Kailar could sense my pain and looked at me with concerning eyes, growling deeply.

"I'm sorry darling." He whispered. He was deep in thought for a minute until the buzzing stopped only leaving me with the headache. "To many people talking through mind link, I told them to stop for about 48 hours to see if you are better by then." He rubbed my hair as I nodded. He helped me out of bed and laid out an outfit beside me.

"Where are we going?" I mumbled rubbing my eyes. My bag was fully packed with only the front pockets opened.

"The ceremony is in a week, and the omegas are arriving at the academy soon." He stated. As I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth, while I warmed up the shower.

"Omegas?"

"All newly members no matter of ranks, are omegas until they go through the academy, offers an equal chance."

I nodded feeling slightly tired still. Once, done I took a short shower and got dressed as Kailar packed up my other items and headed out with our bags in tow. We arrived downstairs in about two minutes, as Kailar slipped into the kitchen bringing me back a bottle of water, some pain relief medication, and three granola bars. I cocked an eyebrow at the three bars.

"It is an two hour drive in the middle of nowhere you will thank me, now medicine now." I followed his order swallowing down the two pills while he put the others in his pocket. Opening the door I stepped out into the windy morning, looking at the dew on the grass as I walked to the car while Kailar loaded up our bags. There were two guards in the front of our car in a Hummer, and in the back following us.

Kailar finally made his way to the car giving me a blanket from the trunk. It was blue with a crown embroidered on it with the initials E.K.L.

Was this his baby blanket?

"That is none of your business darling." He sighed.

I slightly laughed. "It's cute."

"Thank my mom, now sleep." He responded, turning on the car and moving forward.

"Quiet." I heard someone his, which brought comfort to my ears.

I opened my eyes slowly to the sunlight, as I noticed the guards standing outside talking to Kailar, and some more men.

I removed the blanket, stretching my legs. It wasn't long until Kailar opened my door.

"Welcome back sleepy head, we are now at the compound and the bags are in my room. It will be a while until more people come from training, so if you want you can relax. Nina has told me to tell you hello and that you are welcome to help when they pass out the uniforms, but I will be really busy then."

"Sounds good." I groaned as the sun continued to beam in my eyes.

Kailar helped me out the car passing the keys to one of the guards before we walked into a building connected onto the large compound.

"This is where my Beta, Delta, family and I stay when we visit. Sorry if my room is small but I have never had guests accompany me here." He lead me into an elegantly decorated building with different pictures on the wall of the past wars, and leaders. I followed him up two flights of stair down a hallway until we stopped at a door at the very end with a gold plaque engrave "Alpha Legett".

It wasn't much decorated definitely in need of a woman's touch. I sat down on the red silk sheets of the queen sized bed, while Kailar pointed out the different places of the room. He had a dresser installed beside his for my clothes and allowed half the closet. There was a small kitchen with a fridge and stove, with a full bath on the other side of the room. It was just so dull.

"Sleep you need it." He stated talking off my shoes and pulling back the covers.

"Where are you going?" I asked I didn't want to be alone but I knew he had to work.

"I have to make sure the warriors are on pace with preparations, then I need to get the cadre together for a meeting about this year." He responded kissing my lips softly.

"Understandable. I'll see you soon?"

"Oh course darling in a couple of hours, I will be back with our uniforms." He responded before walking out the room as I drifted back to sleep.

" He responded before walking out the room as I drifted back to sleep