Kailar - Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Kailar's POV

Figures

"I didn't protect the pups Kailar." She whispered as she told me what happened after I left yesterday up till this morning.

I shook my head. "It isn't your fault, and don't blame it on yourself. The pups will be fine, I will get more doctors if I have to make sure nothing happens when you deliver." I promised as she tried to stop her crying.

"The boy is healthy as Dr. Carlson can tell, the girl is slightly smaller. She worries me the most because it could affect her growth." My heart swelled in pride that I was having a son, and daughter.

"No she will be a fighter like her mother." I assured her as she just wrapped her arms tightly around me.

It wasn't long until she fell asleep, it was no doubt she was exhausted from the events that occured yesterday and today. I picked up the letters and took her back to bed, laying down beside her.

....

It has been a few days since the incident but we have managed to move on from the situation in order to focus on Christmas and the events that would be happening around the palace. Terra was busy getting ready for the Christmas dinner that my mother held every year.

"I'm surprised this dress even fits. Zip me please." Terra huffed out as she walked out of the closet in a long red dress, and carrying her flat shoes in her hand.

"It fits perfectly, and you are stunning." I responded as she moved her hair out of the way so I could zip her up.

"Thank you." Terra quickly kissed me after I finished. "Come on we're going to be late it took the girls so long to do my hair and makeup." She stated as she slid on her shoes.

I fixed my tie and headed out with her. We walked in silence to the event which I knew we wouldn't be staying long at. Terra still wasn't comfortable with being around my mother, and I on the other hand was still upset and just wanted everything to be over with as soon as possible.

We stopped at the grand entry where the doors we closed, and I took Terra on my arm. She gave me an assuring smile before the doors opened.

"Welcome the king, and queen." Was announced by one of the guards, everyone stood, and bowed, and we made our entry. Once we got to our table we continued to stand as we both grabbed our glasses. Mine was filled with wine but Terra had some type of punch.

"Good evening, everyone. Once, again we are here for a joyous occasion in which I am elated to share with all of you. Please socialize with everyone, enjoy your meal, and happy holidays from my family to yours." I greeted as I wrapped my free arm around Terra, who wore a warm smile on her face. We took our seats and enjoyed a light meal before everyone started mingling with each other.

The gifts for the children were passed out which was a stuffed animal wolf, and they were all thankful for them as they all gave theirs various names and roamed around the venue playing with their toys together.

"They're adorable." Terra stated as she watched a little boy and girl play together as other kids ran around.

"They are, but ours will be too." I responded smiling as she blushed and I kissed her cheek.

Everyone was enjoying the evening, as desert was served which only made the children more hyper but they quickly danced it off together as the night went on while some of the older children quickly found their groups to socialize, some even slipped away but what could I say I was young once too, but they knew the rules.