Kailar - Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Kailar's POV

Mine?

"Are you okay?" I asked Terra after we departed from the cells. It was quiet for a few as we welcomed the silence. Colten went off for a run saying he needed to let his wolf out.

"I'm okay." She softly spoke, as I let my gaze question her reply. "Really Kailar I am, just tired." She added looking at me.

I dropped the subject trying to move on from what had just happened.

"I want to check up on the progress but after that we can go back to our room and get some rest." I stated she knew I wouldn't let her out my sight after what just went down my wolf was to protective not on purpose but it just wanted her to be safe even if we both knew she could handle herself.

" I want to see Nathan, make sure he is okay before we rest."

"He is fine the doctor will link me if anything changes."

She drops her head looking at the ground, as I stop mid walk. I gently lift her head up to look at me.

"He will be fine trust me Nathan is a very hard headed person it takes a lot to knock him down, and when he wakes up he will have all of us there with him. For now I want you to think about our pup and keeping him safe."

"I just feel that some of this is my fault, I mean it was my family. If you would even call them that anymore."

"Terra. Love, it is not your fault plus you knew nothing they manipulated you. They are still your family, and that won't change but you also have a new family and we can both move on from this, I am just sorry my sister tried to kill you."

"Don't apologize for Julia it was her not you, and thank you. A few slip-ups but your family have been very generous to me."

"No problem Love, now let's get going we are wasting valuable sleep time." I laughed as we headed back the compound.

We checked out some out the wounded and cleanup situation, and for the most part it was going as scheduled and we would be back to running before the date recently planned.

We soon arrived back to our quarters where Terra fell asleep as soon as she laid on the bed. I covered her with a blanket before I got another shower and changed into my own clothes which consisted of some sweatpants and a t-shirt. Once, I was changed I laid in bed beside Terra as on instinct she wrapped herself around me before I fell asleep.

When I woke up it was dark outside and Terra was just coming out of the bathroom. She was wrapped in a towel and her hair was slightly curly from the steam in the bathroom.

"Thought you were going to sleep the rest of the night." She laughed grabbing some clothes from the dresser before putting them on.

I could feel my wolf stir from the view I was now getting, which only made Terra laugh even more.

"Control your wolf Kailar." She smirked sliding a tank top over her head.

"Stop tempting us it is very rude." I pouted crossing my arms as I laid against the headboard.

"Aw you big baby." She mocked me as she crawled beside me and laid her head on my shoulder.

"I am not a baby." I huffed, rolling my eyes as she smiled.

"You're mine." She pinched my cheek playfully.

I growled softly before flipping her underneath me and breathing in her scent, before kissing her mark which she responded back by letting out a soft moan.