Kailar - Chapter 15

Hanging Tree

"To what?" I asked looking into her eyes.

"It's my fault. If I would have just told you it wasn't a good idea. B-but I thought they had changed after all those years it went on without any incidents. It has been almost four years without an incident and I just stopped recalling them."

"It isn't your fault." Leon finally spoke. "And, actually you are blaming the wrong person, the person who did it is now dead. How is your sister doing?" He directed the last question to me.

"She is doing fine for now... Her boyfriend asked to be her mate, and father to the child, she accepted but that is not what I am worried about. When they find out she is carrying their only Alpha in line that is left, they will come to get it, and they will put up one hell of a fight, but if they can't have the child they will want Terra. If we succeed, the pack will return under your control if you would like that."

"Where does my pack come in?"

"This is going to be a big war. Pack Uta is almost equal in allies as we are. If there is a war ours will fight, but we could use more."

Leon looked at Lelana. "We're in."

"Thank you, Leon it is greatly appreciated." I nodded.

"Anything for you King Alpha."

"Call me Kailar." I stood up as they followed. "It is time for a bonfire." I could see Terra start to light up, it was adorable.

. . . .

"A whole table full of strawberries!" Terra smiled.

"Anything for you." I wrapped my arm around her waist.

"I love you." She mumbled.

"Love you too, darling." I kissed her neck where my mark was.

Once everyone had made it and ate, we sat down around the bonfire where Nathan and some more guys had brought their guitars.

"He Kailar." Nathan tossed me my black guitar. I remembered when we were younger and our fathers would make us practice together.

"Leon you play?" He sat with Lelana laying in his lap.

"it was the guitar not me." She smirked.

"Sure, but were going to play and you better sing us a song darling."

"If you don't I will never run a strawberry restock again." Nathan teased.

"Fine play something." She sat up off of me.

I looked at Nathan who nodded and started playing, as I joined in it took Terra a minute to get what we were playing, which was 'The only reason' by JP Cooper.

"You have a beautiful voice, Terra." Nathan stated as the other clapped.

"Thank you." She replied as I pulled her into my lap.

"I think it is sexy." I whispered in her ear as she blushed, and Nathan began strumming another tune as the others joined in. She laid her head on my shoulder. I knew she was tired so I just rubbed her arm until I knew she was slightly asleep. It was getting late so we decided to just stay and sleep outside. Many of the subordinates left to go back to the compound.

I lay down on the ground, letting Terra lay on my chest as I fell asleep.

. . . .

"What the hell?" I woke up to a piercing scream. My first sense was to make sure Terra was safe, she was sitting up staring into the woods while everyone else bolted up.

"It came from in there." She got up as I followed keeping her close behind as the Coterie shifted into their wolves, and we entered further into the woods.

We stopped in the clearing where in front of us stood a tree below it a girl was still in uniform so I knew she was on duty. She lay on her side her face slit, but she wasn't alone.

I could hear the gasps as they all looked up. There were six of my subordinates hung from the tree.

"How did we not notice this, I didn't sense anything. I can't pick up anything now either." Nathan asked, observing.

"Wolf bane most likely, they don't look that long gone though." I touched the girl's face which was still kind of warm.

"I can help them." Terra mumbled bending down beside the girl's body.

"Stop." I grabbed Terra's wrist almost too harshly. "I can't let you; you can hurt yourself there's too many.

"They are innocent Kailar, I can do it." She hissed.

"You will die... You're not strong enough; try it I will not hesitate to have you confined to our room, until this is over. Terra just listen to me." She eyed me; I could tell she was pissed.

"He is correct, Terra." Leon responded. "Kailar we are unable to move them right now, the chains are silver."

"Logan, gather a team to escort Terra, and Lelana back to their rooms, make sure to have guards." I asked him as he nodded and mind linked for more Coterie.

"I am not going." Terra stated standing up.

"The hell you are, Terra it isn't safe out here for now I would prefer you in the building, I will be back soon." I responded sternly looking at her.

"When are you going to see, I am no longer a child. I am an adult, your mate, and a Luna. I need to be by your side and if this turns into war don't expect me to sit back and watch. For now I shall go but do you understand me, Kailar?" She was furious, but it was like she was growing in front of my eyes, she didn't seem smaller of higher, we were equal she accessed the blood of an Alpha.

"Yes Terra, I understand." She only stared before walking off with Lelana.

"Just give her a break. She is strong I always knew it she can do it but there's a block on it and only she can control it. She might be our only hope." Leon stated. "I will go back with them, and then return when I know they are safely in."

"Thank you Leon, do me a favor talk to Terra, there are some things a mate just can't fix."
"Will do." He ran off catching up with the group.

"Sir, we are bringing in some gear so we can remove the bodies. Should we put the pack under code red?" Nathan asked.

"No let's keep this quiet for now, we don't need the media up our ass just keep security on high alert. I can't keep the territory under lock I have a wedding soon. Just get this cleaned up."

"Yes, Sir." Nathan walked off to a group of warriors.

" Nathan walked off to a group of warriors