Kailar - Chapter 38

Chapter 38

Terra's POV

Deal

"How did you know according to the elders it was a private matter." I responded.

"Rose overheard her talking to one of her visitors the other day, about what was said about her. She wasn't sure about the outcome and asked the person to keep quiet."

"Did you hear anything else Rose?"

"Not much afterwards just that the money was where she put it, and that they just had to keep Julia safe until everything was fixed." Rose whispered.

So she was helping Julia, and now I didn't know what to do. I held both my hands together as I got lost staring at them. How could I explain any of this to Kailar without ruining anything that was left of his family."

"You okay?" Hazel asked bringing me out of my thoughts.

I nodded. "Yeah this is just a lot to process."

Hazel tried to give me a smile rubbing my hand. "Don't worry if we see or hear anything you will be the first to know, for now don't worry let's just get decorating. " Hazel assured me.

"Hey I'm planning to throw a Christmas party, you're both invited mates also. It's going to be Christmas eve around 4 P.M. Something early so you can get back to your families. If you can't come that's okay it was late notice I still have to ask the others."

Hazel beamed. "Of course I will come, Rose?"

"Sounds fun, can my brother come with me he is one of the pack fighters here?" She asked shyly.

"The more the better." I replied.

"Well then let's go get some guys help us find the decorations, and bring them up. Terra you just rest and do whatever you need to get done!" Hazel smiled as I nodded before they headed off.

After about an hour I got a mindlink from hazel that they were on their way back with decorations and that the guys were going to bring up the tree and set it up. I finished doing some online shopping for presents and made sure to get rushed shipping so that they would be here in time to be wrapped.

"We're back!" Hazel stated as she walked through the door carrying bag, followed by Rose and about 5 other guys who had bags and a tree.

I smiled. "Fantastic now we can get started! Oh guys I'm sorry for making you hold that tree fell free to set it up by the staircase please." I simply told the guy as we started unpacking everything and decorating the place.

It didn't take us long to decorate and get the lights on the tree with the help of the guys before they were dismissed.

"It's beautiful." I stated looking around in awe. "Thank you both, I couldn't have done it without your help."

"Anytime." Rose smiled. " I had fun."

"Same here." Hazel added as she looked at the time on her phone. "Sorry terra but I have to go my mate will be home soon and I wanted to cook dinner before he returned."

"Oh it's no problem, I don't want to hold you up. I really enjoyed your company." I grinned.

"Thanks, I will see you soon." Hazel responded before leaving.

"I'm going to go also I need to go back home the family is decorating the tree tonight together." She softly smiled.

"Tell your family I said hello, and I hope they have a Merry Christmas."

"Will do, bye." She slightly bowed her head before departing, leaving me to finish what I needed to get done before Kailar returned.

I took it upon myself to make dinner for tonight which consisted of Lasagna, green beans, and for desert Kailars favorite apple pie. I loved cooking which was another reason for the Christmas party. Ever since I was little I would help my mother cook dinner and we would always try a new recipe every now and then.

"Darling, I am back and I have to admit." Kailar stated as he walked into the kitchen. "You did amazing."

I blushed slightly. " Thank you but I had help Hazel, and Rose came by and spent most of the day with me."

"Well that was nice of them, have you heard from Nina lately?"

"Not today, we talked a little yesterday but then she went to go pack her bags for when she goes into labor." Kailar nodded.

"Nathan said he would come to the Christmas party, and he might be bringing a guest."

"Tell me everything!" I almost yelled grabbing his hand.

"Darling calm down, I really have nothing to tell you other than she is from Colts pack, and that they're going on their first date today."

I let out a breath of relief. "I'm so glad he is getting back out there, after everything."

"I am too, he seems to be a lot happier and actually talked some sense into me today ironically."

I laughed. "So what did he talk to you about?" I took a seat at one of the stolls at the island while Kailar leaned against it.

"That maybe I am being to light on my mother, and that I need to actually put my foot down on some of this... But she is my mother." He stated as I felt a wave of sadness hit me which belonged to him. I looked at down at the counter tops as I recalled what events occured today and got back up to check on my lasagna.

"Yes she is your mother..." I sighed looking back at him sadly. What mother would try to hurt her child or their mate. I mentally scoffed. Mine.

I could see Kailars realization as he made his way over to me and rested his hands on my shoulders.

"Darling I'm sorry, I should have been more considerate it slipped my mind."

"No, you have nothing to be sorry about I understand what you mean it's just that after-" I stopped myself thankfully before I messed up.

"After what Terra?" Kailar gently asked. "What happened."

"Nothing." I walked away to grab two plates from the cabinets, and two glasses. "Look just enjoy dinner please and don't ask about it."

"I need to know, what happened. I have a right especially if it involves you Terra."

"Well hopefully it doesn't, and that means you are not required to know anything." I filled the glasses up with iced water and took the lasagna out the oven to let it cool before I started plating the food.

He let out a sigh. "Were going to eat, and I will like it because I love your cooking. But afterwards you are going to tell me what happened if I like it or not. I can feel your emotions darling... What are you trying to protect me from?"

I simply gazed up at his eyes seeing they were just a tad darker. Sighing I took my plate to the island and started eating where I was soon joined by Kailar.

Hopefully I could explain this.