Kailar - Chapter 40

Sorry the chapter is so late college is so much work :(

                                      -DaCi

Chapter 40

Terra's POV

When I woke up my wolf was still upset, and so was I. The bed was empty and not even Kailar's scent was present. I got ready and dressed comfortable in a white t-shirt, black pants and a a light brown cardigan. Once I did my hair I headed downstairs to the kitchen and ate some leftovers from last night which did not settle for long before I was throwing it back up.

I let out a small groan knowing this was about to be a back to square one deal. I cleaned myself up before I headed back out to the living room. My phone went off which was rare, it was mainly so I could get in touch with Colt, or my brother since they were from other packs.

I took it out to see a text from Leon, asking me what day would best to come back for the holidays.

I sent a quick text back letting him know I wasn't sure but would find out soon. This had to be the worst time of the year for everything to occur, it was a bad time anytime honestly.

I felt a small pain from the same side which was pretty sharp and sent me hunched over slightly with a small gasp. Now I was starting to get worried because last night I thought that maybe it was from the bond but now it was seeming risky.

I mindlinked the doctor to see if she was in yet, and luckily she was. She wanted to come to me but I thought this was better suited for her office.

I made my way to the infirmary with the guards following my every step but they stayed outside the room.

"What seems to be the problem?" Dr. Carlson asked as she took my vitals.

"I've just started getting some very sharp pains, it stared the other night after Kailar and I had a argument and he left, but today they got worse and I'm just worried."

She gave me an apologetic look. "I don't suspect the worse, some pains are normal, you're a Luna carrying twins, I would suspect maybe it's your body adjusting to the growth of the babies, but I am going to run some test to be sure, ok?"

I nodded as she left the room to return later with a nurse holding a needle and a ultrasound machine.

I got the blood sample over with, as much as I hated needles I needed to do it for the babies. While the blood test was being worked on we went ahead with the ultrasound. It was strange being here without Kailar but I tried to push it to the back of my mind.

"So here are the twins, would you like to know the genders?" Dr. Carlson asked as I stayed silent for a moment before nodding my head, I'd rather know now in case there was something wrong.

"Theres is baby A the biggest, and it's a boy. Baby B is behind in size a little but she's looking okay from the ultrasound we won't know anything until the blood test comes back." I felt a few tears slip after finding out the genders but wiped them away, and nodded.

As on cue the nurse came back in with some papers. Dr. Carlson scanned them over and it felt like forever as I waited to hear what was happening.

She cleared her throat before looking up at me, but her eyes didn't hold the light I was searching for.

The charts show that there is still a slight trace of wolfbane in your system which is the reason for the pains. Your wolf did most of the work and we tried to flush most of it out your system but it is beyond my knowledge how we missed getting it all."

I felt my heart stop and sadness wash over me. "What about my pups how will they be?"

"They're doing fine for now, but if the wolfbane isn't removed it can cause them to be slightly underweight as they grow, or it could affect just one I can't be sure. It may cause you difficulties at birth, Luna." I felt myself wanting to breakdown but I just stay quiet.

"I'm sorry but there is nothing I can do besides hope it works its way out your system on its on. I will prescribe some immune boosting medicine and hope they help. Is that all you came for today?"

"Yes, thank you."

"I hope everything works out, just take it easy please." She pulled out a bottle of vitamins out of a locked cabinet, she put them in one of the bags before we walked out.

I made my way back to our quarters and started on my medicine, and then went back to the living room to watch the news on television.

I just needed the noise to make me feel less alone, I didn't even pay attention to it.all and before I knew it I was rethinking on the events of today blind to the fact that the door opened.

I heard his footsteps as I turned around and locked straight on his eyes. His were red and he had dark circle under them. He had on what had to be Nathan's clothes because I could smell the scent, as he approached me.

He sat down beside me on the couch and I could see the pain he was going through as he laid his head in his head.

"Terra, I'm so sorry honestly, I let my emotions get to me and didn't even think about how much I hurt you in the process I was just out of it with everything that has been going on. I'm so sorry." He apologized.

"I'm sorry to Kailar, I was just so eager to prove it was your mother I got caught up." I felt my voice betray me, and then I just broke I let all my tears falls as he pulled me to him looking at me worryingly.

"God Terra, don't cry please I am so sorry." Kailar rubbed my hair as I buried my face in his chest.

"No I'm sorry." I cried and feeling my heart ache

"You didn't do anythin-" he tried calm me down but I interrupted him

"I'm sorry I put the kids in danger" I cried before wiping my eyes.

"What?"