Kailar - Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Kailar's POV

Agony

"Where are they locate now?" growled out at Nathan. I was beyond frustrated, and it was getting the best of me.

We were in my office with my Beta, and lead warrior, back at compound.

"Brady, and Clayton are making their way back to us."

"Their report?" there was a moment of unwanted silence.

"Pack, Uta plans to attack. We have a week." I could hear their growls throughout the room.

"Well then, let there be war,. We move out I don't want the war anywhere close. How many allies?"

"So far four."

"We still have the advantage still." Logan stated, as he looked around the room.

"Yes. We do, I still want at least three allies maybe four just to watch over the inner territory. We will camp on the outer border about an hour away. I need you to start gathering supplies and moving out to set up base."

"Yes, Sir." They all equally responded.

"Okay, we will move warriors, tomorrow. No mates will fight unless already assigned to being a warrior. Logan, Nina is our second Lead Warrior, she will stay here with Terra in case help is needed here. Coterie will stay back with the subordinates. You're now dismissed." They nodded while they made their way out of my office.

I groaned dropping back into my chair. Terra and I haven't even been married three weeks and I am already leaving her to go to war.

'You will come back to mate.' My wolf stated not making this any better.

'Could... I could come back, and if I don't I leave my pack with no heir, Terra will fall into depression and my pack will fall Chase!' I struck back in anger.

. . . .

"Terra!" I called into our newly renovated suite. She was nowhere to be found as I hung up my uniform coat.

"Terra, we need to talk darling." I waited until she came out of the bathroom, she was in a t-shirt and sweats.

"You okay?" I asked it was still early though she was dressed as if she was about to go to bed.

"I'm... Okay, do you need something?" She sat on the edge of the bed. While I just stood there. "Kailar, what's wrong?" Her expression turned worried.

"Pack Uta, has decided to attack us. There is only a few days left. My plan is to set base out on the boundary line away from the inner territory so I will be leaving tomorrow or the day after."

She was silent. "You plan on fighting..." She stated looking down.

"I do, they are my warriors I have an obligation to my pack also."

"What is something happe-"

"Terra nothing will happen, I will come back to you. If I have to crawl, I will... I will do anything." I responded breaking her sentence.

"I just... Kailar please I beg of you stay. You can't leave u-me." I bent down in front of her.

"I am going Terra, you will stay here with Nina and command if anything is to happen." I responded I touched her hand noticing how cold she was getting. "Terra-"

"Get out." She commanded.

"No, I stay here to, you will accept this Terra, get over it everything is final." I growled at her, as she flinched in return and I automatically felt sadness.