Kailar - Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Kailar's POV

Arise

"Wake up!" I heard Nathan yell as I jolted upwards. "The rouges were spotted at the boundary line!" I quickly shifted into my wolf with Nathan following as we headed out my men on our tails.

'Where are the others?' I asked picking up my speed.

'On the way out with Alpha Michaels men, and Alpha Triten's men staying back as a second was of enforcement if needed.' Nathan responded as Logan came to flank my Left followed by twenty more wolves, ten on each side in the distance.

'Sent a message back to the compound.' Logan stated as we were approaching the line, and came to a halt. I shifted followed by Nathan into our human forms. The other rouges growled, another wolf came forward slowly and shifted.

"Wall, well, well. Alpha Legett." Alpha Uta stated coming forth. He looked like shit, and old man now he had aged at least ten years since I had seen him last

"Uta. You need to pay for your crimes." I growled studying everything around me.

"Sure young one, but it won't be you who stops me. You won't live long enough."

"Maybe not, but it will happen." Uta growled and shifted as we did so also, and attacked.

Uta took off in the direction of the compound with my men tailing him. While we went after the wolves coming from the woods. They were mainly rogues but there were some from other packs, mainly the ones who were always against the throne.

'Let. Me. Out!' My wolf growled pushing for control I couldn't deny him, as he went on in fury.

He captures a rouge by the neck tearing a chunk out and devouring him, after he showed no mercy by just ripping of the limbs of the other wolves. The field was so ablaze but the fire which the rival pack started leaving trees falling and burning victims from both sides.

'Get the archers.' I ordered as the wave of wolves kept pouring in. There was a risk that we would be hit by the silver coated arrows but it was necessary. 'Fire in five minutes, no later!' I yelled through the pack link.

'Yes Sir!.' One of my soldiers responded who was over the group. Rouges were coming in from left and right tearing at my fur but I managed to fight them off. Nathan was injured but I could tell how bad. I could see his back legs were broken, and he had deep cuts to the stomach.

'Fall back Nathan!' I growled at him.

'I am not leaving you, Emery!' He growled limping while biting a wolf.

'Dammit you're not going to die, now fall back Nathaniel!' He whimpered under my command. "Logan, get him back to the compound I have your back follow Triten's pack for cover!'

'You need me are you on a suicide mission?' He yelled.

'Protection of my pack comes first Logan now go I will help hold them back with he others!' I yelled ramming wolf away from his side. 'Now get the hell out of here.'

'We lost him, King.' I heard a warrior state through the link.

'Who?'

'Alpha Uta... In the South West territory.'

'Well fucking find him!' I growled my wolf was far from pissed now he was only seeing red.

I continued to claw at the wolves the warriors trying to help push forward.

Once I knew it was close to five minutes I commanded them to fall back as the arrows flew above us. There were still some on our tails around eight as I turned around to hold them off. It was his second in command, and other high-ranking warriors. I knew my outcome but I was prepared to defend my pack with my life.

Colton's POV

It only felt like minutes until I was woken with a soft scream and Terra clutching her chest, crying and panting for air. I quickly made my way to her side through the dark room as I turned on the lamp. I softly sat my hands on her shoulders. It was soon heard our door was rammed opened startling her, and I let out a deep warning growl.

"Look at me." I quietly stated as she shook her head. "Terra... Look at me. Now." I ordered she could hear the authority in my voice , and looked at me stunned. I stared into her eyes.

"Breathe with me." I whispered and pulled her to my chest to feel my heartbeat. I knew the pain she was having and it wasn't a good sign.

"I-I can feel everyone being slaughtered. It-t feels like I am... Dying inside." She barely choked out.

"Sir they're pushing through the borders. The Demesne pack lead warrior is coming back with the Beta, he is badly injured." The guard stated.

"Kailar?" Terra sat up looking at the guard.

"Still at the border." I could hear Terra growl.

"Get out." I commanded, before turning to Terra. "I need you to calm down. Kailar needs you and I need you also, everything will be fine. Think about protecting that child she needs a mommy." I stated rubbing her back.

"She?"

"I just have a feeling. Now come we need to prepare they need a strong Luna by their side."

"Go.. I will be there in a minute I need a second alone." She said rubbing the tears from her eyes.

I nodded as I got up and headed to put on my uniform, and she left to go t the bathroom. When I left the room and headed down the hallway more of my men flanked me as we headed to the compound.

"Sir the Cadre have moved the omegas to their position, the silver arrows are being given to the archers on the top floor and at the outer gate. The other groups are in position."

"The palace?"

"Are reported to still be safe, they only came for something here." I nodded and sent him away.

The compound doors were guarded as our men returned, the courtyard now filled with the bodies of the wounded being attended to by our medical staff and trainees. I took in the surrounding, and it didn't take me long to spot Nathan coming through with Julia rushing to his side, as I walked over.

"How is he looking?" I asked the doctor as we walked to the medical room right on the side of the courtyard. The lead warrior laid him on the bed.

"Looks like a lot of various injuries, it is uncertain for now." Julia was still crying over an unconscious Nathan as Logan laid his hand on her should pulling her away so Nathan could be attended to. Once we got her out I went back to my job.

 Once we got her out I went back to my job