Kailar - Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Kailar's POV

Forever

After the other alphas arrived and we got everything situated and began moving out. Alpha Triten, and Michael would be fight alongside of my men and I, while my long time friend Alpha Colten would be back in the inner territory at the compound. I trusted him to protect Terra, and everyone while I was away.

Colten made sure to remember everything I needed him to do around the compound. I trusted that he would uphold to his promises, and that he would treat Terra with respect like I knew he did with his mate, before she sadly died.

"Emery calm down everything will be fine, I'll take care of her until you return and she has Nina here also." He tried to assure me.

Even I knew the odds of our packs were almost equal in power I had a slight advantage to survival even my wolf was on edge, but I appreciated Colten on trying to stay positive.

"Our deal.." I stated

"Kailar, I just don't know." He paced back and forth looking down. It was a hard thing for anyone to ask especially that it involved their mate, and unborn child.

"Promise me Colt. Promise me that if I don't make it back you will escape with Terra, take her as yours and take good care of her."

"How can I say no. Your father died trying to protect my pack I will do anything for your family." He gave me a soft smile but I could tell there was sadness behind it.

"Thank you Colt." My wolf was upset at the fact that we were practically handing over our mate but was pleased to know that she would be protected in the long run.

He nodded back with assurance.

"Now I think it is time for my departure."

We made our way to were the trucks were being loaded up. Terra was with Nina helping pack up some separate bags of food, it was a small gesture, but it meant a lot. Once she saw me she soon came over.

"I haven't seen you much this morning." I softly stated.

"Leon had me training early, then I came to help." She smiled at me.

"Don't push yourself to hard, okay?"

"I know, love." She smiled and I kissed her.

She pulled away to soon. "Is it time for you to leave already?"

"I am afraid so, darling."

"I love you." She replied.

"Forever and always, darling. When I get back, give me time but we shall visit my country and my distant family, they have been writing and wish to see you my mother informed me a while ago."

"Sounds fantastic, now I will see you soon, Emery." I let go from my embrace of her and walked to the truck where Nathan was, already in the driver's seat. I gave her one last look before Nathan pulled out of the compound.

Terra's POV

I sadly watched as Kailar and the guys left the compound. Nina was equally as sad, and I quietly rubbed her back. She was farther along and her mate was leaving so close ti her due date. She gave me a weak smile in thanks.

"I'm okay. I think I am going to go lay down. Okay?" I nodded smiling back. I had no time to be sad with Kailar gone the pack needed a strong Luna.

"It's okay if you feel emotion, Terra. You are still a person, I know how you feel." I looked at the hand on my shoulder then up to the face of Colten. He looked like he cared and I could also see his pain.

"I know." I whispered breathily.

"Come here, Terra." He opened his arm and welcomed me into his embrace. It felt wrong to be in someone elses arm but Colten was Kailar's friend he had no intentions. It felt nice to have somone hold me, and let me cry.

We stayed like that for at least three minutes until I stopped crying.

"Feel better?"

"Yeah, thank you Colten you didn't have to be so nice."

"But I do." He faintly said. "Now go get some rest, I need to go check up on the subordinates." He started walking away.

"Colt." I called as he turned to look at me.

"Mhm?"

"You are welcome to dinner with Nina, my brother, and Kailar's sisters tonight. In the hall at six."

"I shall be there." He smiled, turning back to walk out.

once I finished some more stuff I went back to my room. I ate a bagel before taking a short nap letting the scent of Kailars side of the bed sooth me.

When I woke up it was because I had to quickly run to the bathroom, to throw up what I had ate earlier. After I brushed my teeth again, I got dressed for dinner. I felt empty inside without Kailar around.