Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

When I had walked into game room, I didn't expect what I saw. Firstly, the game room was ginormous. Three pool tables filled the room, and in one corner was a huge flat screen TV and a PlayStation with controllers. In another was a full blown bar with shelves of alcohol behind the counter. In the last corner was a huge stereo system, and music was blaring out of the speakers. Caden and Tav were playing some shooting game while Mina was on her phone by the speakers dancing. 

"Olivia! Come here!" Caden waved me over, so I dutifully made my way over to them and sighed heavily. 

"What is it?" I asked him, sounding bored. 

"Can you play?" I looked up at the screen and narrowed my eyes. Call of Duty: Black Ops. Piece of fucking cake. 

"Kinda." I sat down next to Tav who handed me a controller with a dubious look. 

"If she gets us killed, it's on you bro." Caden just rolls his eyes. 

"Dino girl's got our back. Right?" I merely shrugged. Tav un-paused the game reluctantly, oblivious to the fact that I was going to shred them apart. Currently we were in the forest, and it was completely quiet. Then as the enemy showed themselves, I manipulated the controller to kill every single person in sight, not giving Caden or Tav a chance to lift a finger. I held my laugh back as I saw both boys look at me from my peripheral vision. If I could take a picture of their shocked faces, I would have, but I was too focused on the game. 

"What the fuck?" Tav whispered. He was probably rethinking his whole life. A girl just smoked him in a video game. The game finished when I completed the mission single-handedly. I put the controller down and walked away from the incredulous guys, trying to hold my laughter in. I walked over to the bar and searched for a bottle of water. 

"That was impressive." I jumped, and glanced over my shoulder at Talon who was leaning against the bar. My lips pressed together and I nodded mutely. 

"Olivia-," I didn't give him the chance to say anything as I walked over to a pool table. 

"Olivia!" I peered over at Mina who was smiling. I walked over to her, and I winced as the music vibrated against my eardrums. She tossed her phone to the side and pulled me closer to the speakers. 

The song Bend Ova by Lil Jon and Tyga started to play, and my body started to vibrate as the need to dance took over. So like Mina, I gave in twisted and shook my body in a way that belonged in a strip club. Dancing was one of the ways I chose to block the bad things out. It just came so naturally, and I forgot who I was and where I was. I just completely lost myself to the raunchy music. 

When Lil Jon screamed, Hands on your knees, bounce that ass like a yoga ball, I did just that. I placed my hands on my knees, bent down low and popped my butt and down, twerking so hard, my lower back was screaming. I laughed joyously and jumped around with Mina, but I stopped when I noticed she wasn't dancing anymore. 

I looked over at her to see her mouth gaping like a fish. I looked over to Caden and Tav who were also staring with open mouths. I looked back at Talon at the bar, and my cheeks burned. His eyes were so wide, giving me a clear view of his impeccable grey eyes. My mossy green eyes flitted down to his parted lips and I swear I saw him mouth the words, 'holy fuck'. I looked back at Mina and watched her pause the loud music, and I cringed as the silence was almost too loud, my ears ringing.  

"What was that?" Mina asked, her eyes with shock. 

"Dancing?" I offered timidly. Caden and Tav stumbled over each other as they walked over to Mina and I. Caden shook his head, laughing loudly. 

"No, that my Dino girl, was not just dancing! That was full blown stripper moves! Were you professional stripper in your past life? I mean, fuck, those moves. . ." he trailed off to look at Tav who just nodded and stared at me. 

"Shit, I'm turned on man," Tav said, crossing his arms and smirking down at me. I think I could have died of mortification at this point. 

"For sure," Caden agreed. I rolled my eyes and pretended that they weren't embarrassing me. 

"Where did you learn to dance like that?" Mina asked, giving me a knowing smile. 

"I just love dancing. All types. Twerking, ballroom, contemporary. I took classes when I was younger, so it's in my blood." Mina nodded thoughtfully and peered over at Talon who was still staring at me with wide eyes. He slowly made his way over here, taking a couple deep breaths before he stood with us. 

"I have to go." Talon's voice was gruff, and I looked up at him confused. Why did he sound like that? He couldn't possibly be turned on. 

"What, why?" Mina pouted as she planted her hands on her hips. 

"I have to prepare for tonight." All three nodded in understanding, but I just stood there confused. 

"Alright, meet you there at nine?" Tav clapped his hand on Talon's shoulder as he nodded. 

"See you guys later." Talon gave a half-hearted wave to the three, but he looked down at me before he left the room and stared at me. My throat was too dry to say anything, so I just dropped my gaze to the white carpet. 

"What does he have to prepare for?" I asked once Talon left. 

"He has to go train one last time." Tav answered, as he walked back to the minibar. 

"What do you mean 'train one last time'?" I said to no one in particular. Mina's lips slowly lifted up in an almost cruel smile. 

"Talon needs to train for his fight." 

Vote, comment, and share!

A xo