Chapter Thirty-Three

I gulped as I looked up at the imposing male standing opposite of me. 

"Talon! Come in sweetheart," my mom said from behind me. I stepped aside to let him in, keeping my eyes down. 

"Would you like anything to drink Talon?" my mom asked, a wicked glint in her eyes. Talon shook his head, and offered a tight smile. 

"No thank you. I would just like to speak to Olivia." My mom nodded her head in understanding. 

"Alright then, that works out perfectly. I am going to a friends house Olivia, I will see you later. Love you darling." She kissed my cheek as I nodded. 

"Love you too." Internally I was screaming: no! Don't leave me alone with him! He might eat me alive! 

The front door shut and I closed my eyes, feeling Talon's heat on my back. I wish the ground could magically swallow me up in this moment, to save me from the inevitable. 

"Why?" I flinched slightly from the suddenness of his voice. I finally open my eyes and turn around. As I look into his painfully beautiful grey eyes, I decide to play stupid. 

"Why what?" I squealed as Talon suddenly pushed me back and I hit a wall with a thud. His every limb was plastered against me as he glowered down at me. As I craned my neck to look up at him, I was too scared to look away. 

"Don't you fucking dare! You lied to me. You told me that nothing was wrong, and then seconds later you open your big mouth to Mina. You tell her so easily! Why can't you trust me? WHY?" He nearly roared in my face. No matter how good he felt against me, I couldn't control the anger. Shoving my hands between us, I pushed his body away from mine. 

"First of all, DON'T FUCKING YELL AT ME, YOU DIPSHIT!" I point my finger in his face, both of us now burning with anger off. 

"Second off, I couldn't. Talon it's so dangerous! It's dangerous for you to even be thinking about us being a thing. Even speaking to you is dangerous. You heard what happened to Tommy and Eli." My anger dissipated as my voice cracked. Talon's features softened, but I could still see the betrayal and hurt in the depths of his eyes. He took a step towards me, and for the first time ever, I didn't step away. I let him stand close to me, and that also seemed to take Talon by surprise also. 

"But don't you see Olivia? Caden? Tav? Me? We aren't them."

"You don't know what Cyrus is capable of Talon." 

"You know what I'm capable of though." My mouth opened and closed, then I looked at the floor. He's right. He's capable of . . . a lot of scary things. Why is so hard for me to just let go? Why can't I just do what Mina said?

He isn't Tommy

Let go.

He isn't Eli.

Let go. 

He's Talon, and he's willing to protect you. He doesn't care that there is a scary stalker after me.

LET GO!

"What if he comes after us? What if-" Talon covered my mouth with his palm and shook his head. 

"Then we will deal with it when the time comes." 

Let go.

"Talon what if-" this time I cut myself off. Talon's eyes brightened as if sensing me give in. He placed his hands on either side of my face. His grey eyes quashed my fears as they belabored into my soul.