Chapter 14- Going Out

Picture of Candys dress above^. Jules' will be in the story.

Jules~

Ace had left me speechless.

What in the hell happened?

His tone had changed and all of a sudden he was cold. He completely shut down from me. I saw it when we had just stared at each other.

His brain was thinking and all that thinking led him to believe something. Something that involves me.

After he had talked to me in a harsh tone, gave Xander an order and left, we were quiet. Just staring at the door. I could bet they were as shock and confused as me.

"Weelll....," Xander said, looking unsure of speaking right now.

"I'm...just..gonna-," but before he finish, he had practically ran out the door.

"P*ssy!" Candy yells after him.

I look her way and grin.

"Doesn't that look familiar?" I said, talking about the time she ran out on me when I questioned her.

"Oh, yeah." She shook her head, then pointed to the door Xander just escaped out of. "Totally Wesley. I mean every time I try to talk to him about those, you know, 'texts' he's been getting, he-"

I cut her off since she obviously didn't know what I was talking about.

"Let's just go, Candy. Ace made it clear he wants us out."

"About that, what's his problem? No one asked him for his attitude to shine through. You two looked like y'all were fine."

We had walked out the front door and were currently walking towards the car.

"I don't know, but let's try and forget about it."

Honestly I couldn't even do that. I mean, why would his mood change all of a sudden. We were just talking, joking around.

We got in the car, and left.

He looked tense and...serious. I've only met that side of Ace once, and I didn't like him.

Looking out the window, I waited until we were off his property to decide I couldn't stand the silence.

Oning the radio, 'Stone Cold by Demi Lovato' played and I couldn't help, but notice how ironic the situation was.

Stone Cold,

Stone Cold,

You're dancing with her,

While I'm staring at my phone,

Stone Cold,

Stone Cold,

I was your amber,

But now she's your shade of gold!

Stone Cold,

Baby!

God knows I've tried to feel...

By now, Candy and I were shouting and trying to sing along at the same time as Candy drove to her house.

Happy for you!

Know that I am!

Even if I,

Can't understand!

I'll take the pain,

Give me the truth.

Me and my heart,

We'll make it through.

If happy is her...

I'm happy for you.

As the song ends, Candy pulls into her driveway.

Her house also isn't that far from my apartment and the diner. It's a really comfy looking house. The porch goes about halfway to the back. It's a one story house, and on the inside, it's the living room with the kitchen right next to it, and two bedrooms.

Candy invited me to live with her, but I had lied and said I was staying with relatives. But now that she knew about my fighting, I'm starting to think about it.

"Okay, so what I have planned tonight will be epic."

We headed for her room and I took a seat on a bean bag in one corner of her room.

"As long as it doesn't involve Wesley, I'm good."

I loved Wesley, but right now I just didn't want to see any guys.

"Oh yeah. That's fine. Because we'll be going to a Club!" She clapped her hands excitedly.

Really?

"No. No clubs. Why can't we just stay here and watch Netflix?" I whined.

"Because I know you and you need to get out. I bet you're always cooped up at home."

I didn't respond because it was partly true. I only leave the apartment to go shopping or the underground.

"See. I was right. Now we need to get you a sexy dress that will have all the guys on you before we even walk through the door."

She stood back and looked like she was studying my figure.

"I don't have a dress, so I guess we can't go," I tried to play off.

"Oh, that's okay. I've got plenty you could wear. We look about the same size anyway."

She ran to her closet, throwing it open and searching like a maniac for something.

She pulled out a short, red, skimpy material and held up to my body.

"How 'bout this?"

"No."

"Okay."

She threw it over her shoulder and grabbed another one. This one was leather that was too short to the point where my ass would be out. It had a slit that went too high and showed alot of cleavage.

"No."

We have a long night ahead of us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was laying on Candys bed as she went through her closet. Throwing clothes here and there, asking me from time to time if I like it.

We had been going on like this for the past hour and not once did I find a dress I liked. Candy and I simply didn't share the same taste.

"Well, that's mostly it. Except for this one, but it never goes with me."

Candy held up a white dress that was sleeveless. I held my hand out to her.

"Can I see?"

She handed it over and I stood in front of her mirror. I held it up to my body and Candy let out a gasp.

"That's the one!"

We got dressed while I paired my dress with a leather jacket, did our makeup and hair. When we decided it was time to go, we headed out to Candys car.

"We look hot," Candy said.

"Totally," I agreed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry. I know if you want to see her dress, but it will be in the next chapter because wattpad isn't letting me put it in the story.

But don't worry!

It will be at the top in the next Chapter when it will be Aces POV.

With love,
       The Author.💋