Chapter 36- Looking For...

Picture of Miriam above^

Ace~

I watched as Troy and Stacy walked off the the floor, hand in hand with huge grins on their faces as everyone congratulated them. Stacy wiped the few tears on her cheek as Troy kissed her cheek, his gaze unwavering from her.

I look beside me to find Jules watching with a beautiful smile on her face. Her eyes seemed to have watered along with Troy's speech and I found myself smiling too. This time, not at the happy couple, but at the beautiful woman sitting beside me.

She seemed tough and strong on the outside, but on the inside, she was soft and sensitive. Either way, she was beautiful to me.

As if sensing my stare, she turns to look at me. "What? Is there something on my face?" She brings a hand up to swipe her cheek and frowns. "Oh, crap! It's my mascara isn't it? Is it running? Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap!"

She reaches over to grab a napkin on the table in front of us, but stops when I grab her hand.

I chuckle and bring her hand back to sit between us, still holding it. "No. Your mascara isn't running. You're just so beautiful."

She blushes at my bluntness and looks down at our joined hands, biting her lip. I suppress the urge to reach over and pull it out from her abusing teeth so I can soothe it myself.

I chuckle once more and lean over to press a kiss into her hair. As I'm pulling away, Jules squeals jumps out of her seat. The moment is gone as I watch, open-mouthed, as Jules pulls Stacy into a bone crushing hug.

I pout as I start to realize that Stacy just stole her away from me.

"Congratulations!" Jules squeals, pulling away to look at her hand. "Oh My God! It's beautiful! Stacy, you lucky bitch!"

Stacy giggles. "I know, right? Who knew he could be so romantic and sappy?"

We laugh and watch as Troy frowns.

"Babe!" He whines. "You know the guys won't let me live that down."

Candy walks up to us with Xanders arm wrapped around her waist. "Live what down?"

Stacy smiles as she wraps her arms around Troy. "How romantic and sappy he is."

Candy smiles. "Why? It's not bad. Girls actually like when a man is romantic. It shows that he cares." She gestures towards Xander. "Take him for example. He watched 'A Walk To Remember' with me and actually cried when it got to the part where she had to go to the hospital."

All of our jaws dropped as we watched Xanders face become red with embarrassment.

It was his turn to whine. "Baby, you said you wouldn't say anything about it."

She rolls her eyes and turns to give him a kiss on his cheek. "I'm sorry, Xandy."

Troy is the first to laugh. "You watched a chick flick? And cried?"

Xander glares his way. "Shut up."

Jules laughs and pats him on his forearm. "It's okay. You're not a man if you don't show the real you at times."

Candy smiles and tries to comfort Xanders ego as they all take their seats. Stacy and Troy immediately get wrapped up in their conversation with each other while Jules takes her seat beside me again.

I glance into the crowd to find Miriam and Aleesio wrapped in each others embrace on the dance floor.

When I first saw them walk out, hand in hand, I knew Ace had finally grown some balls and straightened shit out with her. We all knew he had some sort of feelings for her, but the stubborn shit never wanted to confront them.