Chapter 23- Alliances

Ace~

I sat in my office, trying to get shit done, but kept getting distracted. Not by anything physically in front of me, but by someone in particular I had in mind

A certain wavy, brown haired, curvy bodied, and brown eyed girl kept popping into my mind.

I couldn't believe I asked her to move in and then stalked off like the jerk I was. But in my defense, I couldn't help it.

Every time she would leave after training, I couldn't stand it. I don't know why I hated the fact that, when she would always leave through that door, and I wouldn't be able to see her until the next day.

And not being able to figure out why I'm feeling this way is killing me. It's just eating at me.

Since Kyles been back, I've told him to watch the girls when they leave the house. I couldn't trust this task with anyone else. With Marcus back, I needed to ensure their safety.

Kyle had taken a few other men along with him and I was glad. The more the better. I had told him to keep me posted and to let me know if anything seems off.

I groan, frustrated with myself.

I'm brought out of my thoughts as my phone starts to ring. Looking at the caller ID, I see it's Kyle.

"Ace," I answer.

"Sir, I have news," he says. "We have been following the girls like you've asked, but there's something else."

I wait for him to continue.

"We're not the only ones following them. There's a black sedan with tinted windows following them."

"Where are you?" I ask.

"At a place called Sal's Diner, parked across the street. The sedan is parked in front of us, a couple cars up."

"Okay. I want you to send half the men in one car to keep with the girls. The rest of you follow that car. Watch where it goes. I want to know if they belong to Marcus. Call me back when you find something."

He hangs up with a respectful 'Sir'.

I decide to make another few calls to some alliances I have nearby. With my empire, I would need it. There are a lot of Mafias that would like to bring me down and take over my spot.

Since I'm the biggest CEO and Mafia Leader in the country, I have a lot of enemies aiming to take me down. But not as many as the people I have treaties with, therefore I should have nothing to worry about. But one could never be too sure.

I call in one of my greatest alliances with a man named Alessio Gutavera. His company just so happens to be the fifth largest one in the country. His gang and mine have been great alliances since our grandfather's fathers time.

The phone is answered by someone who I'm guessing would be his assistant, Miriam.

"Hello, Gutavera's Company. How may I help you?"

"This is Ace Montgomery. Is Alessio in at the moment?"

"Yes, but I'm sorry, sir. He's in a meeting right now. May I take a message?" I can hear paper rustling on the other side of the line.

"Just tell him Ace called. He'll understand."

"Okay. Will that be all, sir?"

What was with all the 'Sir's? Do I really sound that old?

"Yes." I reply.

"Okay. Have a nice day," she says.

"You too," I say, in a flat tone.