Chapter 29- Promise Me

Picture of Roy above^

Ace~

"Troy, head to our central command building and see if they've taken care of creating a system to protect our mainframe. Xander, head to the main building and get reports on the trading deals and company franchise to see that everything is going as planned. Hugh, I want you to gather the list of names for all the people working in the main building, central command, and security details and do a background check," I said, sitting at my office desk, looking over some deals. "I want know who I can and can't trust."

Without looking up, I heard all three of them simultaneously say, "Boss," before leaving.

"And Kyle," I glanced over at him to find him sitting comfortably on the couch pushed against the far wall, "take a break." He smirked. "While you're having a tea party with Ariel."

He looked up at the ceiling, thinking.

"Alright. I love the little girl, anyways," he said, standing up and shrugging his jacket on.

I snorted. "You thought about it like you had a choice."

"Whatever," he said, pulling a lollipop out of his pocket- like it wasn't random- stuck it in his mouth, and flicked the wrapper on my desk as he made his way to the door.

"Why you little-," I threw it into the bin beside my desk and flipped him off, which only made him laugh.

After my little 'talk' with Jules, I headed over to my office, already in my suit, so I didn't need to change. It was only six in the afternoon, but I needed to get things done.

Earlier, I had called the guys up to prepare and go over what we had learned of Marcus's plans. I had went home to check on Jace, Ariel, and Darling(Aces maid if you don't remember).

I hadn't known Jules would be back so early- and with shopping bags. Troy didn't even tell me the girls were going to have their shopping trip today. The little shit. Otherwise, I would've sent bodyguards to trail them.

If I had known they were going today, I would've made Jules take my credit card so she could buy whatever she needs. I don't care how much she spends, I just want her to spend it.

For some reason, the thought of having some other chick use my money, disgusts me. But the thought of Jules using it, is completely fine with me.

Especially since she only came back with five bags. Surely, she must need more than that. I noticed she got clothes from Forever 21, Lush Cosmetics, and Macy's, which I knew were mostly for Ariel.

But the Victoria Secret bag was what caught my eye. It was the only store where she got two bags from. The other stores, she got only one bag, but from that specific store, she got two. Not one, but two.

It made me wonder what the hell she had in there and it's been bugging me. I mean, why the hell would she need two bags for? Why the hell would she need it at all?

Just thinking about what she could be wearing from there and who she could be wearing it for has my blood boiling. My fists clench on my desk and I have to take deep breaths to calm myself.

The only person she's ever going to wear it for, is me. No other man can see her like that.

With that on my mind, I texted my assistant, saying I was heading home and to send my unfinished work there.

When I got there, I went upstairs to Jules room. I knocked and waited for her to answer, but was met with silence. I knocked again, more stern this time.