Chapter 39- Not The Plan

Jules~

I swear. Just wait until I get my hands on him. He won't be able to have kids when I'm through with him.

"You okay over there? You look like you're about to explode," Miriam said.

I huff out angrily in response.

We were sitting in the car on our way back to the house with Candy sitting by the right window, me by the left, and Miriam sitting in front of us since this car has double seating.

I was so pissed that I couldn't even talk to anyone right now.

How could they treat me like a child? Practically talking to me like a mother would when their kids take a cookie out of the cookie jar.

And my Dad! Wow. No help there. Even though I was the one that called him here in the first place to help me. Me! Not Ace! Yet, there he stood. Agreeing with Ace to keep me away from what's going on.

I grunt in annoyance before folding my arms angrily as I stared out the window.

And the fact that they knew each other? Well, shit a brick and call it gold!

"Uggghhh!" I groaned, leaning forward to rest my elbows on my knees before bringing my face into my hands.

I heard Miriam groan also. "Uggh! I know right? What a way to start the day." When I didn't say anything, she continued. "How bout we watch a few movies when we get home, yeah?"

I peek at her through my fingers, watching as she looks at me with an unsure look before darting them in Candy's way. I send her a soft smile.

I look over at Candy to see her staring outside. She hasn't said one word, or even moved an inch, since we got in the car. I sit up and reach over to place a hand on her folded ones in her lap. She jumps in fright, her eyes moving up to connect with mine.

"It's going to be okay," I whisper.

Her lip trembles as tears gather in her eyes. "How do you know?"

I sigh, looking over at Miriam to see her watching us with a sad frown on her face.

"I'll make sure of it," I mutter, more to myself than them.

I sit back in the chair as I turn my head, watching the scene pass by in a blur. The rest of the car ride home is silent as we all sit in our thoughts, unmoving.

When we get there, we're greeted inside by Ariel and Jace attacking our legs.

"Juju! Up!" Jace squeals, raising his tiny hands up at me.

I smile and bend down to pick him up, shifting him to my left as I bend once more to place a tender kiss on Ariel's forehead who was in the arms of Miriam.

"Oh, thank god!"

I look up to find Stacy rushing towards us with a hand on her chest, a panic filled expression on her face. She embraces both Candy and Miriam before coming to me, crushing me in a hug.

She pulls back. "Where's Ace and the men?"

"They're dealing with....everything," Miriam said, pausing for a bit.

Stacy frowns in concern, but nods in thoughtfulness. We're taken out of the conversation by Jace who sneezes into my shirt. I smile and laugh it off as I pat his back.

"You okay, bud?" I ask.

He blinks a few times as he looks up at me. "I don't feel gewd, Juju."

I take in the way his eyes were drooping and his slightly pink nose along with his rosy cheeks. I feel his forehead with the back of my hand to feel it's starting to heat up.