Chapter 31- Tricked

Ace~

I couldn't believe it. My main building is being held hostage on the top floor? MY floor? With all my files and personal exchanges? What the fuck do I pay those assholes for?

If my men haven't been killed by those fuckers, I might have to kill them myself. No matter what promise I made to not kill someone, I would have to sooner or later.

And with the news I've just received about my company, it's going to be tonight. I know Marcus's men are behind this, so I'll be having fun.

I look over to my left to see Jules handling the guns like a pro.

She had left for a bit to call Candy over to watch the kids as we went to deal with things. When she came back, she was wearing black jeans, a long sleeved shirt, black heeled boots- Why? I don't know- and she had her hair pulled into a sleek ponytail.

We're still in the room- which I like to call 'The Safe'- loading whatever we need into bags that are carried to my car trunk out front.

I had this room created underneath the stairs just in case I needed some other kind of protection for Jace. It is also used for my men at times like this, but that rarely ever happens. It's code is known only to me by memory.

Jules quickly finishes loading the clip back into place before she takes aim, testing out the scope.

I was happy that we had finally talked about us. I mean, I never would have guessed the outcome. When I told her that I wanted to leave the decision up to her on what this was between us, I was telling the truth.

I was scared at first on putting a name to this, but now that it's out there, I kinda like how it sounds and feels. She's mine now and I can't help, but feel...good.

Now, looking at her handle these weapons as if she's been doing it her whole life, I felt proud. Her hands were steady and efficient.

When she first threw that hand knife past my face, I thought she was trying to kill me, but found out she was only trying to prove a point and to be totally honest, it turned me on.

I put the gun I had in my hands inside the last bag, waving over one of my men to put it with the others.

"You ready?" I asked Jules, watching as she put two pocket knives in the side of her boots.

"Yeah."

We walked out to see at least twelve cars parked in my driveway with my men standing beside them. The rest of my men will be showing up with Troy and Hugh outside my building. My private car was the first one parked up front, so Jules and I headed there.

Once we were in, I watched my men climb in their cars from my rearview mirror before pulling out my gate with them in tow.

Once I knew we were only a few miles from the building, I decided to set a few rules with Jules. For her safety.

"Listen, Jules. When we get there, I want you to stay behind me as we go up. My men have already been informed to protect you at all times, so I don't want you to try and go off to do things on you're own-"

"I can handle myself, Ace. You're men can't focus on protecting me and the hostages at the same time. They should focus on the task at hand and not on me. I've taught them what they know, after all," she argued.

"Yes, you've taught them what they know, but I'm not willing to risk it, Jules," I said as we pulled up in front of my building.

Without waiting, Jules was out of the car and walking inside the building. There were police cars surrounding it, but were moved out of the way when we pulled up, giving Jules enough space to head in.