Chapter 41- Haunting Past

Jules~

"Don't! Let her go!" I shout, keeping my eyes trained on the two men chaining Stacy to the wall in front of me.

I've been awake for at least an hour to find myself chained to a wall in a cell. My arms were cuffed above my head as I sat on the ground, my legs cuffed to the cement.

At first, I was alone. There was no sound or any hint of movement anywhere, so I had just been sitting there with nothing to do.

But the whole time, I was thinking about what I had just found out.

Ryker was here.

My biggest nightmare, that I had thought was behind me, was coming true. Ryker was here and he was with the enemy- of course.

What I didn't understand was...how? I thought that when I came back, he would've been long gone. That he would've been anywhere, but...here.

And how did he know Marcus? What was he to him? What the hell was going on?

But I didn't get to dwell on anything for too long after because that's when the door to my left, outside of my cell, burst open and two men came in, dragging Stacy by her hair as she kicked and thrashed.

As I shouted for them to let her go, they ignored me and finished chaining her to the wall and stood beside her, saying nothing.

I looked at Stacy to see she had tear stained cheeks as her hair fell over face. My heart hurt to see her like that.

"Welcome to the party, girls."

Marcus came walking in with his hands outstretched in a welcoming gesture, a smirk on his face. He was wearing a white shirt and jeans. I grit my teeth together as I glare at him from where I sat.

He lets his hands fall to his sides as he faces me. "You have no idea how long my partner has been waiting for this."

Partner? Ryker?

"Especially for you," he snarls, looking at me. "I know what your thinking. How do they know each other? Why are they working together? How long have I been planning this?"

"Actually, I was thinking about how stupid you look."

Marcus grunts and strides towards me before slapping me, making me head turn at the force. He steps back and massages his fingers as he gives me an ugly smirk.

"Say something else, sweet cheeks. I dare you."

I say nothing in return, but clench my slightly aching jaw. If I could slap that smirk right off his face, then we'd see who would be smirking right now.

I glance beside him at Stacy to see that she was watching our interaction with tear stained cheeks and tired eyes. The two men stood guard beside her as they waited for further instructions.

Marcus' eyes rake over my body and I don't miss the appreciative smile that passes through his face, making me want to empty my stomach if it hadn't already been empty.

"You know, I gotta say. Ace has some real good taste." He brings his thumb up to rub the bottom of his lip as he eyes me again.

I scoff. "Good? He couldn't have gotten better if he prayed and asked, 'Bless me with better, oh father!'. And all I could get, was good?"

Marcus rolls his eyes before giving ne a hard look. "Trust me, you aint no 10, baby."

I outwardly cringe at 'baby'. "Well, you aren't even a number past 3, so I guess we're both disappointments."