Chapter 20- Ariel & Daisy

Picture of Ariel above^ and song for later on in the story.

Jules~

No. It can't be.

"Ariel?" I repeated.

She was looking at me with wide eyes and I was pretty sure I was doing the same.

I couldn't believe this was happening right now.

Ace stood up from his crouched position in front of her and was looking back and forth between us. Studying us. But my mind and eyes were focused on the little girl.

It had been quiet ever since I spoke. Until Stacy decided to ask the question I knew everyone was thinking.

"You know her?"

I didn't respond. Hell, I couldn't. This was just too much. Too much emotion hitting me all at once.

But luckily I didn't have to speak because Ace did. It seems he figured out who she was sooner than I thought he would.

"She's her sister," he told her, without taking his eyes off me.

Well...this is gonna take forever to explain.

Yay. Note the sarcasm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were sitting in Aces living room on the second floor.

Candy and I were sitting on a couch with Candy on my left. Troy and Stacy were sitting together on a chair on Candy's left. Ace was sitting on my right in a similar chair. Sitting across from Candy and I were Ariel and some guy I learned whose name was Kyle.

Turns out, Kyle was the one who found my little sister at a shipping sight when he was doing deals for Ace. He took her in and brought her here. But what I didn't understand was why he was so...protective...of her. I mean he was sitting so close to her as if someone was going to just run in and try to hurt her.

I couldn't keep my eyes off her. She's grown so much since the last time I've seen her.

Her long brown hair was longer now. Her once flushed skin had a sort of color to it, as if she spent some time in the sun. She looked tall enough to come to my collar bone.

My baby's grown.

Tears started to form and my throat started to swell with emotion. But I held it down. So, to distract myself, I looked up at everyone.

"So, what do y'all want to know?"

Ace, Troy, and Stacy all shared a look. Candy just stared at me and Kyle was studying me while Ariel kept her head down, playing with her hands. I cleared my throat nervously, but no one said anything.

"How do you have a sister?" Ace asks, breaking the silence.

"Well, this may come as a surprise, but I did have a mother who gave birth to me and didn't stop there," I said.

Ace just rolls his eyes and sits back in his chair, folding his arms.

"No, but...look, long story short...things weren't going so well." I looked over at Ariel who was still playing with her hands. "My so called mother...wasn't really taking care of anything and when Ariel was born...I became the parent. But that was also the time that she got a new boyfriend. I didn't like things, so I left. I couldn't take Ariel because my mom would've just called the police, saying that I kidnapped her. She may not have noticed me, but she did notice Ariel. If Ariel was missing, she'd freak out."

I could see everyone was processing this, so it was quiet a moment. I may have told them a little part of the truth, but I had to. I couldn't tell them everything, especially with Ariel sitting in front of me. She doesn't deserve that.