Chapter 33- Questions

Ace~

I couldn't believe she was here, in the flesh and in my arms.

When she had willingly left with Marcus, I had thought that would be the last time I would see her. God knows how long he could've kept her away.

After I was knocked unconscious, I had woken up in my bed. My doctor had to visit me there and put me on bed rest for at least two days because of how hard I was hit, but obviously, I didn't listen.

How could I rest when she was out there? Possibly being tortured while I was here, sitting on my ass. So I sent out my best trackers to find her.

I had went along to keep up with their trails, finding some information along the way, until I got a call from Kyle saying she was already home.

I wasn't that far out of our territory so it didn't take me long to drive back. When I got here, I swear I couldn't have felt any less tired.

But that all went away the minute she stepped through the garage door and locked eyes with mine. And, by god, she couldn't have looked any more hot.

She looked like a fucking bad ass that hadn't been taken just three days ago. I don't know how she looked like when she returned, but from what Kyle had told me, I had assumed she would look worse.

Pulling away from her, I put my forehead against hers and cupped her cheek.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

She lets out a small breath and nods.

I pull away and tilt her face upwards so she's looking me in the eyes.

"Tell me the truth. Did he hurt you? In any way?" I pushed, anger laced in my words.

She rolls her eyes. "No. Honestly."

I study her face one last time to make sure before frowning.

"Why would he let you go? He could've killed you. Hurt you. But...he let you go." My frown deepens. "That doesn't make sense."

She ducks her head so she's not looking at me anymore and starts fidgeting with her fingers.

"Did he tell you anything?" I ask.

She shakes her head and whispers, "No."

I can tell she's not being completely honest with me by the way she won't make eye contact. I want to know what she's hiding, but I don't want to push it. I just got her back.

I nod. "Okay. Come on." I start to lead her to the door. "Have you eaten?"

She shakes her head. "I just got out the shower and came down to the kitchen before I heard you pull up."

As we headed into the kitchen, I could hear murmurs coming from there that started to quiet down as Jules and I approached.

When we walked in, we found Hugh, Miriam, and Candy sitting down at the island as Xander stood behind her and Troys arms around Stacy by the sink.

"Where's Ariel?" Jules asked.

"In her room. Kyle's up there with her and Jace, keeping them company," Candy said.

Jules nodded and gave them a small smile. "What's there to eat?"

Stacy untangled herself from Troys grasp and headed for the oven. "I just got done cooking. Anyone up for Lasagna?"

"Yes!" We all exclaimed, getting up to start setting up the dining room table.

Stacy brought the Lasagna over to the table as Jules grabbed the plates, Candy grabbed the silverware, and Miriam grabbed the cups.