Chapter 19- Discoveries

Picture of Kyle above^

Ace~

Damn it.

I had planned on asking her out, but I couldn't. How could I? She's only here for a certain amount of time, then she's gone once she's done training my men.

I groan and run a hand over my face as I hear a squeal. I look towards the back door to see Jace giggling and running to me at the same time.

"A.J!" He yells, a grin on his face.

Jace calls me A.J based on my first and middle name, Ace Josiah. His nickname for me.

I cracked a smile as I picked him up. He giggled again and patted my cheeks.

"What's up, bud?" I said, once he was done playing with my face.

"Ant Stacy say eat." He pointed inside his mouth.

I chuckled. "Alright, little guy. I'll be there."

I set him down and watched as he ran back inside. I helped some of the guys take the bags back where they belong, said my goodbyes to them as they left, and headed inside.

Before I went to get cleaned up, I headed for my office. There were some shit I had to deal with.

I walked in, shut the door for some privacy, and used the phone on my desk to call one of my most trusted men.

Kyle.

He had sent me a message earlier saying he needed to talk to me about something that went down at one of my shipment arrangements.

I haven't gotten the chance to return the call until now because I was busy dealing with a fucker who thought he could double cross me this morning.

~~~~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the middle of the night when I had gotten a call from Xander saying we had a problem and to meet him at the abandoned factory by the train tracks.

Once I got there, I found Xander and two of my other men surrounding something or someone. When I got closer, I recognized it, or him, as Quincy, one of my men who worked at the club.

"What's going on?" I said, in business mode.

"Sir, we found out how Marcus and his men got in," Xander said, and gestured to Quincy. "It seems the little dipshit has been working with him for a while now. Telling him God knows what."

I could see Xander was pissed, but not as pissed as I was when I heard this.

I walked up to Quincy who had his hands tied behind his back, legs tied to the chair he was sitting in, and punched him in his face.

I grabbed him by his shirt collar and threw another punch, then one to his ribs. I continued for about twenty minutes until I decided to take a break.

I walked to one of my men who held out a towel. I took it, wiped my knuckles clean of his blood, and removed the leather jacket I remembered I still had on.

"Why?" Was all I asked him, my back to him.

He tried to laugh, but couldn't with all the blood gushing from his nose.

"Because you're a punk, Ace! Marcus will kill you and this gang! He's only just begun, trust me!"

At this, I turned to him.

"What do you mean he's only just begun?"

He grinned as wide as he could, with his swollen eye, busted up lip, and bloody nose.