Chapter 18- Training Day

Picture of Stacy above^

Jules~

So much for trying to be nice to that prick.

I thought as Candy and I made our way outside to her car.

I didn't understand. I was just trying to know what was going on in this situation so I could be more helpful. Instead, I feel like I'm walking in the dark.

Frustrated, I slam my car door unknowingly.

"Hey!" Candy says, as she turns to me, "I know your pissed, but don't take it out Ron."

"Ron?"

"My car," she said in a 'duhh' tone.

I laughed.

"You named your car Ron? Of all names?"

"Don't judge me. It was a perfect fit in the beginning, but I admit, it's wearing off." I laughed more. Candy slapped my arm. "Do you want to walk home?"

That shut me up.

She smirked and put the key in the ignition.

"I thought so," she said.

I smiled. I was glad to have someone like Candy who could cheer me up in just a minute.

I've never had any true friends when i was younger. I never had anyone, actually. My so called 'mother' didn't really care if i did or not. All she cared about was her stupid boyfriend.

Ryker.

But I did have someone before I found my dad.

I had Ariel.

Ariel is my little sister. She has a different dad, but we share the same mom.

Ariel was only 4 when I had left that night. It killed me to leave her there, but I couldn't take her with me. If i did, my mom would call the cops, saying I kidnapped her.

My mom may not have loved me, but she did love Ariel. That kind of eased some of my worries. I know she wouldn't hurt her.

But i still promised myself, one day, that I would take Ariel away from there. She would be with me and I'll take care of her.

I was brought out of my thoughts when Candy pulled into her drive way.

We got out the car and went inside the house.

After we had showered, we got all the junk food we could find, took it to the living room, and put in 'A Walk To Remember'.

"What a day," Candy said, as she popped chocolate covered popcorn in her mouth.

We were currently sitting on the couch with candy wrappers, empty chip bags, and more junk food around us.

"I know right," I said.

We were watching the scene where she was singing the song in the play while he watched her. It was my favorite part.

"So...are you still going tomorrow? You know, to train them?" Candy asked, breaking my attention away from the screen.

"What are you talking about?"

I was playing dumb, but I knew exactly what she was talking about.

"Don't play dumb. Are you?"

I bit my lip. "I don't know. I don't want to because of the way he spoke to me tonight. But I hate going back on my word."

She sighed. "I know. But how bout you go, do what you gotta do, and ignore him. Do it for his men, not him. You don't have to talk to him."