Chapter 1

Spencer watched me with worried eyes as I poured my second cup of coffee in the last half hour into my overused mug. I've never seen the point in having a ton of mugs but maybe that's just the cheapskate in me talking. I refused to meet him in the eyes as I chugged the hot drink letting the pain distract me from the secret that was starting to give me ulcers.

"Addison..." I could tell he wasn't quite sure how to address the topic, not that I wanted to touch it with a ten foot poll. "Do you...um, do you want to talk about it?" I peered over my mug and took him in. He tilted his head to the side and an uncomfortable expression graced his face. Neither one of us do will with feelings.

"Nope." I made sure to say it with a sense of finitely so he would know to back off but, because this is Spencer, no amount of social cues in the world would make him drop a subject and I didn't want to be mean about it.

"This is the second time you've woken up screaming in the last week." He cleared his throat. "You know-"

"Spencer, I really don't want to talk about it." Guilt built up in my stomach as the words hit him. "Sorry, I'm just. I'm fine. Anyways, how was your first day as an official FBI agent? You came home to late to ask last night for me to ask." I set the cup down on one of the many boxes that were littered around our new apartment. He was about to answer me when I felt the dreaded bile rise into my throat and it took everything in me not to upchuck all over him. I somehow managed to make it into the bathroom before my coffee made an unwelcome reappearance.

"Addison!" His fingers pulled the light curtain called hair that surrounded my face to the back of my neck until I was done.

"Did we unpack the...the tooth brushes?" I rolled over so I was leaning against the bathtub and looked up at Spencer. He looked even more concerned then he did ten minuets ago. "It's not that bad." I rolled my eyes and used my hands to push me to my feet.

"We put them in our bathroom." He said as he quickly moved out of the small room and down the hall to the 'master bedroom.' This was supposed to be a two bedroom apartment but the second room is more of a closet then anything else. When he first got the offer to work here he decided that we should already have a place lined up before we got here. He looked over the internet and made a couple phone calls we found this place, I wanted to find a house, I knew going from his mother's house in Vegas to moving into a smaller place wouldn't be easy. When Spencer came down here to start his training he checked on this place to make sure it was what we wanted. Well that will be the last time he gets to look at apartments unsupervised. This apartment is way to tiny for the both of us but we're stuck with it until the lease is over next fall, unless we want to look bad and break it.

"Thanks." After I got the taste of predigested coffee out of my mouth we moved back into the kitchen. "What time do you need to be at work? It is your second day."

"Agent Hotchner said to be in by nine, so I have 49 minutes to get there and it takes 27 minuets without traffic." He listed as he poured his own cup of coffee.

"And how long with traffic?" His puzzled expression brought a smile to my face as he thought it over.

"I'm not sure." He moved to straighten his tie, something he's been doing since I first saw him wearing one. "Um, maybe I should get going..." He began digging for his messenger bag that was lost somewhere in the sea of cardboard.

"Do you want me to drive you? I kind of don't want to be without a car if you've got to leave for a couple of days." I called out to him as I poured myself another cup of coffee not caring that my stomach yelled at me to stop. I feel like I'm going to fall over any second and I began wondering if drivings a good idea. The last thing I need is to get in a car accident because I throw up all over the windshield.

"Are you sure? 2.6% of car accidents are caused by the driver feeling sick." He poked his head around the corner.

"Really? I would have thought the number would have been higher then that." The sarcasm flew right over his head causing another smile to stretch across my lips. "Spence, everything will be fine. I want to do some exploring anyway." I shrugged even though he had gone back into our room. I didn't need him trying to profile me and looking into everything I say and do, not at this moment in time.

"I guess." He came back out of the room with his bag over his shoulder. "Are you ready to go?"

Spencer was silent on the way there, part of me wanted to break the silence but I also felt the need to throw up again so I kept my mouth shut. I could tell that he could tell that something was bothering me, he almost always could. He kept giving me side glances from the passenger seat like he wanted to ask but thought better of it every time. Which told me that I was acting even weirder then I thought I was. I shook my head and turned my attention back to the road. Traffic decided to be a bitch and I was already in a bad mood from not feeling well. I really started to get uncomfortable with the awkward silence that took up the inside of our car and decided to break it.

"Maybe we can get some lunch on your break..." I suggested when we hit the hundredth red light, taking the opportunity to glance over at him. Even when the thought of food made my stomach churn. Spencer didn't take long to reply.

"We could do that. I saw a diner on the way in yesterday. It looked like something you would enjoy." He bit his lip nervously as his eyes looked at the clock on the dash. I always thought it was funny how Spencer could read almost everyone like a book but had such a hard time controlling his own body language. It sometimes bothers me how he can almost read my mind, like when I try to surprise him. We've been together for four years and I have never successfully surprised him with anything and it really ticks me off. In fact this is the longest that I have ever hid anything from him and it's only a matter of time before he either finds out on his own or I finally swallow my pride and tell him.

"Turn up here." He pointed to the entrance of a parking garage off the highway. He told me to stop when I pulled inside. "I'll get out here." He leaned over and I got a quick peck out of him before he was out of the car. I did a U-turn and pulled back onto the main road. I had told Spencer that I wanted to explore but I already knew exactly where I was going.