Chapter 32

I made it to the room in under a minuet. Morgan was behind me but I didn't care, hopefully he can keep his questions and newfound information to himself long enough for me to make sure Spencer is okay and maybe come clean on my own. Morgan dismissed the two officers from their post leaving the three of us alone.

"What happened?" Spencer asked and looked around the room sluggishly.

"You were shot." I told him softly. I sat on the edge of the bed and pulled my leg up so I was half Indian style. He furrowed his eyebrows and looked at me. "But you'll be okay." I took his hand in mine and squeezed it.

"Did you catch him?" The question was directed at Morgan but he looked between the two of us.

"You were right. The first two murders and the last two were done by two different people. The first unsub turned himself in and he's got an air tight alibi for when you were shot. And we've got surveillance footage showing Rodney entering the park the morning before and we can't find him leaving." Spencer's face turned confused again and he shook his head.

"That's not possible." He started to sit up but I quickly pushed him back down with the hand that wasn't holding his.

"Don't push yourself." He ignored me and continued.

"He was shot directly in the heart, I saw the body myself. There is no possible way he should have survived."

"That's what we thought but it's definitely him." I could feel his attention turned to me. I forced myself not to look back at him and just focused on the man in front of me. Spencer didn't let this go unnoticed.

"Did he go after you?"

"No, I'm fine." I assured him. He looked between Morgan, who moved so he was sitting in the chair that was on the other side of the bed, I licked my lips. I felt a little bit of anger begin to boil in my stomach. I know that Morgan is just doing his job and all but he is really making things a lot harder for me. Spencer relaxed under the hand that I was still pressing into his shoulder. Thankfully whatever Morgan was going to say next got cut off by his phone.

"It's Hotch." He said before stepping out of the room, he gave me another look and I had to fight myself not to give him an unfriendly one.

"Addi…?" I sighed.

"Spence." I started but stopped. This isn't something I can just come out and say. Not after hiding it for the last four years not to mention he's going to think I'm freaking crazy. But if I didn't tell him then Morgan would say something about me not being completely honest and then he wouldn't trust me.

"What's wrong?" He tried to sit up again but I kept him down.

"Don't push yourself!" I repeated. He didn't fight but his hand tightened his hand around mine more then I was already gripping. "I haven't told you everything about my past, you know that." He was about to say something but I held up my hand and continued. "But I have never lied to you." I gave him the most serious face I could muster. I did my best to show him just how important this was though my eyes. "I need you to trust me that I do everything for a reason, and I promise you that if I felt like I could I would tell you absolutely everything and anything you wanted to know."

"Addison, calm down. You're not making any sense."

"I know." I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. "Please trust me."

"Of course." He looked so confused but I couldn't bring myself to explain. Not without him seeing the truth for himself. "I've always trusted you." I gave him a sad nod.

"I know." I repeated and stood up and backed away from the bed. "I'm going to find him." I said.

"Addison." He said said trying to sit up again and even though I was to far back to do anything the hole in his chest stopped him from coming all the way up. "Hotch and Morgan will find him."

"They'll get themselves killed."

"This is their job, our job. Addison, this isn't your fault. You don't have to get him yourself to end this." He was talking faster now. "Think of the baby." I sighed. He's right, but I can't just sit here, waiting for my older brother to show up and let my younger brother dive into research without anyone helping him. He left hunting for the same reason I did and I had no right to pull him back in while I sat on my ass and do nothing. Not to mention Rodney, or whatever the hell that thing is, wants me. He wants to kill me, not Spencer, not the other two agents, me.

"Both of us will be fine." I grabbed my jacket from the chair that Morgan had been sitting in minuets ago. "And I'll be back. This is something that I need to handle on my own and you'll understand everything when it's over." I shrugged it on and gave him one last look. This is a really stupid idea, I thought to myself.

"Addison." I moved back over to him and pressed my lips to his.

"I'm sorry." I said quietly as I pulled back. He grabbed my arm but I unhooked myself from him.

"Addison." I sighed again and moved back to the door.

"I love you."