Chapter 24

I stumbled away from the very large person. If it wasn't for the grip they had on my shoulder I would have fallen right on my ass. It didn't take me long to regain my balance and back away from the man. When I looked up, and I mean up, I was surprised to Sam. I wouldn't have recognized him if Dad hadn't shown me a newer picture of him before he left. Sam looked at me with a very confused expression and I knew that he didn't recognize me. He was a lot bigger then I remember, I guess that's what happens when one goes from 13 to 18. His hair was on the longer side, a little below his ears and he didn't have as much of a baby face as he did five years ago.

"Sammy?" I moved back a little so his hands fell off my shoulders and down to his sides. He was looking from the tattoo on my chest to my face and down to the tattoo again.

"Who?...Addison?" He looked at my face longer and I could tell my visit was really throwing him through a loop.

"Yeah, I probably should have called first." I gave him an apologetic look not sure what else to say. I crossed my arms and watched a few different emotions play out on his face. I don't think he knew what to say either.

"Um….how long have you been in town? How long are you going to be in town?" I cut him off before he could ask any more questions.

"My plane just landed about two hours ago and I leave next Sunday." I answered, moving over a bench that was a few feet from where we were standing. My feet were starting to hurt. He followed me over and sat on the other side, angling his body so he was facing me.

"How did you know where to find me?" He looked to be collecting his thoughts so I knew the harder questions would be coming soon.

"Dad told me."

"You talked to dad?" His voice was surprised but I could hear the hint of anger.

"Yeah, him and Dean found me a little over a month ago." I laughed at the memory but not because it was funny, more because I couldn't believe some of the things I said.

"That must have been fun."

"You've got no idea." He didn't say anything for a few minuets so we sat in silence. This is going a lot better then I thought it would. I thought there would be some yelling and fighting like there had been with dad but so far he just seems really shocked. Then again he might just be in shock and the second he comes out of it there could be a fight.

"Where have you been? I didn't think I would ever see you again."

"Well after I ran I bounced around for a few months before I made it to Vegas. There I met a guy so I found a place there to crash and that's where I stayed until he got a job offer in Virginia so we moved there and that is where I currently live." I shrugged again looking at the ground in front of me feet. "I'm sorry I left, I know that must have been pretty hard on you." I glanced up to see his face.

"I didn't understand why yo didn't tell me you were leaving or why you didn't take me with you."

"I knew if I told you, you would have wanted to come and I couldn't support you. I didn't know where I was going, what or how I would get food. I didn't know anything other then the fact that I needed to leave. If I had stayed any longer I would have lost my mind." it sounded like a poor excuse to me but he didn't argue it.

"I understood that as I got older but I still wanted to know where you ended up, if you had found what you were looking for, if you were happy not hunting or if you missed it."

"I'm sorry you were worried." I attempted to change the topic, "Dad must have been hell on wheels." That didn't make him laugh, in fact to looked more like it pissed him off.

"Yeah, just like he was when I told him I wanted to go to school." He laughed bitterly. "It was like he couldn't stand the thought of another one of his kids getting away."

"Sorry, didn't mean to piss you off."

"Wow, this is the most apologetic you've ever been." He laughed, "I remember you and Dean always fighting about anything and everything and it didn't matter which one of you were right, no one ever said sorry. You were like that with Dad too."

"I think being on my own for the last couple years has mellowed me out a bit, not to mention I know that I really fucked up." He laughed again and just like that the ice broke. "I really thought you would have been more pissed about me leaving." I said leaning back against the wood.

"I don't think I've got much room to talk."

"True enough."

"So this guy you're living with, what does he do?"

"He's working for the FBI. He's a profiler." Sam raised his eyebrows just like Dad had when he heard the job title.

"Really? How old is he?"

"Um, he's 23."

"Wow, that's really young to already be a profiler."

"Yeah he's a special case. He graduated high school at 12 and he's already got two PhD's in Chemistry, Engineering, mathematics as well as Bachelors in Psychology, Sociology and he's working on one in Philosophy." I listed off the degrees, counting off on my fingers so I didn't miss anything. At this point Sam seemed really shocked.

"And he's only 23?" I nodded. "And you and him are together?" He sounded like he didn't believe what he was saying.

"Hey! Don't look at me like that, Spencer and I have a great relationship. I've learned a lot since him and I have been together." It hit at his shoulder.

"Sorry, its just kind of surprising. I know you graduated before you ran away but I just thought you spent more time on school because you wanted a reason to not have to be around Dad." He said and I frowned.

"We moved around so much I just bought the text books and read them while we were driving and took the exam when we got to the next school."

"Yeah I did that too, but after you ran Dad started training us even harder so I didn't have as much time as you did. He became even more obsessed with finding the thing that killed mom. It was like he was so pissed with you he had to channel that rage into something else." He leaned forward onto his knees and I realized that that was something that all the men in my family did.

"Sorry again. I knew he would a gasket but I didn't think he would let it bleed over onto the both of you." He shrugged like it wasn't a big deal.

"Don't worry about it, I know what it's like to need to get out." We ended up deciding to go back to my motel room to finish catching up. He had to go back to his dorm to get his car keys and then we were on out way.